What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I'd say chop it down to 16" and do other cheap weight saving things. With 140gr it will have almost 1600fpe moving at 2250 fps at 200 yards from the 16" barrel.

Yeah I wasn't thinking of doing something like that and just using it as a beater/boat gun. That way I can keep my nicer rifles in better condition.

The whole boat thing really screws guns up. Water, freezing, bumping etc. you should see some of the guns the local people use, rust, no finish left on the wood, tape....it's pretty crazy and even sad sometimes. One guy at the turkey shoot yesterday had what was once a beutiful ruger 77 in 243 with a full manlincher stock, open sights and some sort of leupold but it was rusty, and nasty. The guy still shot it well but it was obvious that he hadn't cared for the gun at all.

Saw several of those yesterday actually. Seems like most guys keep their main hunting rifle nice and others just get left in boats or on 4x4s out in the elements.

Anyone here know anything about gun safes? Coworker is asking about them and I wouldn't even know where to start.

Anyone here know anything about gun safes? Coworker is asking about them and I wouldn't even know where to start.

Ask his budget.

Basically amongst popular brands the more you spend the higher the capacity, thicker the steel, more (and or thicker and or longer) locking posts, nicer interior, better fire rating, etc.

Ask his budget.

Basically amongst popular brands the more you spend the higher the capacity, thicker the steel, more (and or thicker and or longer) locking posts, nicer interior, better fire rating, etc.
Around $1000 is what she was saying.

That's the one I was considering . . .

I think during black friday I've actually seen them for like $700.

Unless you are spending like 1500-2k+ you aren't getting a real safe. It's more of a security container. A person with knowledge on safes and some tools can get into nearly all safes under $1000 in a couple minutes. But it keeps family/visitors, tweekers, quick grab burglars, etc out.

I think during black friday I've actually seen them for like $700.

Unless you are spending like 1500-2k+ you aren't getting a real safe. It's more of a security container. A person with knowledge on safes and some tools can get into nearly all safes under $1000 in a couple minutes. But it keeps family/visitors, tweekers, quick grab burglars, etc out.

Pretty much . . . I just want to make it harder for someone to just walk off with crap.

When I researched safes the conclusion seemed to be that they're more likely to be needed to protect your shit from fire as opposed to theft. So a little better fire rating could go a long way.

Just picked up a 9mm P2000 LEM with factory night sights

@Cubo de Sangre I blame you entirely

Congrats! I have an LEM trigger on my P30L. For self-defense situations it seems like a good option.

th

Congrats! I have an LEM trigger on my P30L. For self-defense situations it seems like a good option.

th

Haha, thanks. That's why I bought it in LEM, this is going to be a carry gun only and I got tired of having a striker-fired gun pointing at my family jewels :eek:. This will be my winter carry gun, I'm still going to rock the shield for warm weather/deeper concealment since that little gun just vanishes on me.

It seems like this trigger system has the best advantage/disadvantage weighing for a hammer-fired defensive gun.

Haha, thanks. That's why I bought it in LEM, this is going to be a carry gun only and I got tired of having a striker-fired gun pointing at my family jewels :eek:. This will be my winter carry gun, I'm still going to rock the shield for warm weather/deeper concealment since that little gun just vanishes on me.

It seems like this trigger system has the best advantage/disadvantage weighing for a hammer-fired defensive gun.

I prefer hammers in general and hate DAO. But it functions like SA with the hammer cocked. Was thinking about slapping a light on it and making it the home defense gun.

Save me... I'm browsing the Christensen Arms website.... Ugh.

Back