What's your favorite Deftones album?

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For me it's probably Diamond Eyes really dig the production and focused quality of the songs

Again, their first and second major label albums were fantastic…

I miss Chi…

Gotta be Deftones. That album had a unique sound and takes me back in time like no other album

Hard choice between Adrenaline and Around the Fur. I don't like anything they did after White Pony.

Around The Fur was huge in my life because it came out when I was old enough to start going to shows and finding new bands. Living in Sacramento, I thought they were just a really good local band until I started seeing their videos on MTV.

I'd go with Diamond Eyes. Perfect storm of songwriting and heaviness

Around the fur for me..
My own summer flipped me out back in the day..

I saw them live not to long ago..I think April maybe.
Chino was fucking brilliant, and it was quite a brilliant gig..
Was front and centre..
Oh I must add gutted there was no chi this time.
And they were never and are not new metal.. they are unique in metal for sure.

I can see me on this video.lol

White Pony. Has 2-3 of my favorite songs on it as well (Digital Bath, Change, and Pink Maggit). The two songs that were on separate editions in Boy's Republic and Back to School are great too.

Probably the most obvious answer but my favourite is White Pony. If I'd have to list them it would go:

White Pony
Saturday Night Wrist
Diamond Eyes
Koi No Yokan
Deftones
Around the Fur
Adrenaline
Gore

I think...Around the Fur.

Around the Fur is them at their peak imo. Adrenaline and White Pony are both pretty good but I'll skip songs on both.

'Change' from the White Pony album is their best song tho, for me

This is a really tough question. Gun to my head, I'd say White Pony.

Sentimentally, Adrenaline.

Objectively, Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan are probably their two best.

It's pretty amazing that they're able to put out such good shit so deep into their career.

Around the Fur

Classic.

.Ive been a fan since the very first album...the first two are the most special to me,as I grew up with those albums. I like everything they've put out though. Very strange oddly beautiful music.

For me it's probably Diamond Eyes really dig the production and focused quality of the songs
DIamond Eyes and This Place is Death are two of their best songs...

White Pony still holds the mantle for me. I know it's their biggest hit, but for good reason. "Change" is still one of the most unique and beautiful rock songs ever commited to record. That's not even getting into knife party, pink maggit, and the very underrated Teenager

Diamond Eyes came close though. Especially after Chi's death and the fact that they were at that point where most bands decline and they almost made their best album. Definetly their best paced album. Wire to wire.

After those two albums I will say Around The Fur, Koi No Yokan, Deftones, Adrenaline, Saturday Night Wrist and Gore are even. All very good albums that have a wrench thrown in here and there. Gore's production seemed too...not Deftones for my taste but the tunes were good.

I bought White Pony when it came out and I've loved it ever since. One of my favourite albums of all time. It feels timeless to me. Just a perfect mix of ethereal weirdness and metal.

If I start that listening to that album, I'm finishing it.

Back