What's your favorite Deftones album?

Deftones, the band that holds a special place in my heart.

Around The Fur changed the way how I expirienced the music. Be Quiet And Drive and My Own Summer still give me the chills after all those years.

White Pony helped me through some tough times and that is the period that was very bittersweet for me. I will never forget the beauty of Digital Bath, Knife Party and Change ( In The Hous Of Flies) and that feeling when I first heard those songs.

As for their best album, I gotta go with Koi No Yokan. It is a masterpiece and a testament to the band that found the creativity and way to make such a stunning record almost 20 years after their debut.

Diamond Eyes is a just a little bit "weaker" than Koi No Yokan but it is also an incredible record.

Deftones and Saturday Night Wrist are good albums but not on the level of their best works.

Still don't know what to think about Gore. Some of the songs are phenomenal, Prayer/Triangles, Hearts/Wires and Phantom Bride are among the best songs they ever made but as a whole, the album seems somehow off and unfocused.

Last edited:
Sentimentally, Adrenaline.

Objectively, Diamond Eyes and Koi No Yokan are probably their two best.

It's pretty amazing that they're able to put out such good shit so deep into their career.

I think that's because they started out as a much simpler band (like a sort of skate punk-metal hybrid like a more modern Suicidal Tendencies), and then started to expand their sound. A lot of death metal bands like Katatonia and Opeth did the same thing, so did The Clash, Siouxsie, and The Cure from the early UK punk scene, Depeche Mode from the new wave-dance/techno scene. I think starting off simpler it's easier to expand your sound. If you start off with a more art rock oriented style I think it's more difficult to change and experiment (unless you're David Byrne or something).

Deftones, the band that holds a special place in my heart.

Around The Fur changed the way how I expirienced the music. Be Quiet And Drive and My Own Summer still give me the chills after all those years.

I resonate with this.

I would have been 13 maybe 14 when I heard Adrenaline. I'd always loved music but this was the first time I really fell in love with music. That album touched some shit deep in my spirit.

I think that's because they started out as a much simpler band (like a sort of skate punk-metal hybrid like a more modern Suicidal Tendencies), and then started to expand their sound. A lot of death metal bands like Katatonia and Opeth did the same thing, so did The Clash, Siouxsie, and The Cure from the early UK punk scene, Depeche Mode from the new wave-dance/techno scene. I think starting off simpler it's easier to expand your sound. If you start off with a more art rock oriented style I think it's more difficult to change and experiment (unless you're David Byrne or something).

I'd agree with that. But I think they were simple yet sonically unique from the beginning, which is also a big part of their staying power.

<mma4>Around The Fur
White Pony
Diamond Eyes
Hard choice between any studio album really.

Back