Whats your call on UFC 231?

It looks ok. Probably won't buy it tho. I'm glad I bought UFC 229. That was worth. Not a big fan of wmma unless cyborg or Nunes are fighting and that's mostly because they look like men while fighting. I just think women fighting in MMA is just so counter feminine. It's a turn off. Yet female grappling is great and ultimate Surrender is something I enjoy a lot. But women punching each other in the face with their weaker upper body strength and a KO/TKO is never a one punch one and done with them. The only strike women have that is one and done is the kick or knee. Women are very strong in the legs. Upper body can't compete.

I was wondering about this, thats good to hear. So do they have another FW bout on the card? Ill have to look. Aldo would be amazing on this card too.

Heres the interview where Ortega talks about how he's getting a title fight at 231 regardless of whether Max makes it to fight night

Probably not another fight. Probably paying someone to weigh in like they've been doing with injury prone or weight cut issue fighters.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...-ortega-max-holloway-fight-belt-featherweight

Heres the interview where Ortega talks about how he's getting a title fight at 231 regardless of whether Max makes it to fight night

Probably not another fight. Probably paying someone to weigh in like they've been doing with injury prone or weight cut issue fighters.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...-ortega-max-holloway-fight-belt-featherweight
Awesome I hope they schedule another high level FW fight for one of the backups so we get both if the ME stays together.

we talking Elias?

everything the guy throws makes him look like he’s fighting underwater

plus he telegraphs everything

slowest striking since Pendred
You could literally turn and walk away from his kicks.

Agreed but I find the rest of the card a little weak of that ends up happening. I wonder if anymore fights get added to 231, my guess is no. Maybe some prelims
Let's see, as it stands, here's my expectations for the lineup.

PPV:
FW Belt: Max vs Ortega
WFLW Belt: Shevcheko vs JJ
LHW: Manuwa vs Santos
WSW: Gadelha vs Ansaroff
MW: Anders vs Theodorou

Prelims:
LW: Aubin-Mercier vs Burns
LHW: Clark vs Rakic
WW: Laprise vs Lima
FW: Dawodu vs Bochniak

FP Prelims:
BW: Katona vs Lopez
LW: Makdessi vs Diego Ferreira

So that's 11, they'll probably add one or two more. I doubt we'll get a different main card card bout, although they could headline the prelims with Gadelha/Ansaroff and bump up Aubin-Mercier/Burns instead.

Let's see, as it stands, here's my expectations for the lineup.

PPV:
WFLW Belt: Shevcheko vs JJ

Prelims:

FP Prelims:

So that's 11, they'll probably add one or two more. I doubt we'll get a different main card card bout, although they could headline the prelims with Gadelha/Ansaroff and bump up Aubin-Mercier/Burns instead.
That looks about right to me. Ill be there live so I hope it holds up.<6>

Aldo will be on this card no doubt so thats another fight to add to the main card

PPV:
WFLW Belt: JJ vs Shevhcenko

Prelims:

FP Prelims:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back