What's worse? Belt stripped or defending belt and lost?

7.62x39

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What would you rather have happened to you? I'd rather take the loss. At least I actually attempted to defend my title/belt unlike someone..................you know. It's only a matter of time before we hear his loud mouth saying,

"I never lost the belt. I'm still the champ"

Even if he gets stripped, he’ll get an immediate TS when he returns. A loss is worse for your legacy.

I'd rather lose it but there's a shit load of people who's rather get stripped just so they can say they never lost it.

A loss would bring his stock down. Getting stripped not so much. He can at least say he never got beat for the belt

Need more info, not all losses are equal, obviously a back and forth close decision loss is the best scenario

No one can convince me that getting absolutely destroyed is better than being stripped tho

i suppose that makes sense from what you guys are saying.. Would it be funny if Conor gets an immediate title fight vs tony/khabib and lose? That will hurt him even more. Stripped and then a loss too. damn

What would you rather have happened to you? I'd rather take the loss. At least I actually attempted to defend my title/belt unlike someone..................you know. It's only a matter of time before we hear his loud mouth saying,

"I never lost the belt. I'm still the champ"
The worst is getting your shit pushed in by a skinny fat gatekeeper pothead, and still pretending you're a champ.

Conor has belt defense phobia.

He`ll take anything before defending....

He rather be stripped and try to re-gain, but an actual defense seems to haunt him

Being broke and only having Sherdog's meaningless and fleeting respect to pay your bills

Getting stripped hurts your legacy less, so it's better from a career perspective

From the stance of what makes you a better person, I suppose it's better to try to defend

Depends on your morals and integrity I guess. If the consensus favors the notion that losing the belt is more noble than being stripped... well then why are so many cunts jizzing over the idea of a champ moving up in weight class to take on a champ in another division - this situation will only result in the stripping of a belt!

I get why so many people would rather be stripped than lose though. I mean look at Jon Jones, I would estimate 90% of fans hold him in higher regard than DC.

Depends on your morals and integrity I guess. If the consensus favors the notion that losing the belt is more noble than being stripped... well then why are so many cunts jizzing over the idea of a champ moving up in weight class to take on a champ in another division - this situation will only result in the stripping of a belt!

I get why so many people would rather be stripped than lose though. I mean look at Jon Jones, I would estimate 90% of fans hold him in higher regard than DC.

But Jones actually look unbeatable when he fought DC and other fighters. Conor on the other hand looks very beatable and a sloppy Nate beat him. Regardless, a clean jones vs DC will still be 10/10 imo.

Need more info, not all losses are equal, obviously a back and forth close decision loss is the best scenario

Can see why you might say this, but in reality when you look at the overall legacy of the fighter... a closely fought title fight doesn't seem to mean shit. People only ever remember the winner.

Bones/Gus was clearly close and many still argue the verdict to this day... but will the majority of people remember Gustaffson the "almost champ"? Or will they simply remember JBJ the undefeated LHW dynamo?

more stupid questions at the top of the page.

Not sure how guys think getting stripped hurts your legacy and career less. Looking back at all the truly great champions, I can't recall any of them being stripped of the title in a scenario that would be more respectful than going out and leaving it all in the cage/ring. Guys that get stripped moving up a weight class are one thing, kudos to them in doing so. but other than that, you get stripped for not fighting a challenger in the wings/inactivity or drug failures... Conor fans now making being stripped a smart move?!

Well, the way to go, would be a period of time, after that, the spot/title is vacant. But the ufc is sloppy there. They know McGreggor could be done/gone.

But Jones actually look unbeatable when he fought DC and other fighters. Conor on the other hand looks very beatable and a sloppy Nate beat him. Regardless, a clean jones vs DC will still be 10/10 imo.

Well the point is I guess we will never know what the result would've been between a clean JBJ and DC. We don't even really know the full extent of JBJ's possible substance abuse throughout the rest of his career, so again very hard to judge as there are far too many hypotheticals.

But the point still remains... regardless of the reason that JBJ was stripped of his belt, the fact that he was stripped following a win means that in the grand scheme of history he won't be remembered for a devastating or embarassing title defeat (unlike Aldo or Rockhold) which would tarnish his legacy... instead he has had the luxury of exiting on a high - regardless of any misconduct. The record is cemented in the history books... the finer details and controversies inevitably fall by the wayside.

Even if he gets stripped, he’ll get an immediate TS when he returns. A loss is worse for your legacy.
Unfortunitly true. More people will remember aldo losing in 13 seconds then conor not defending

Back