What's with the Gokhan Saki hype?

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The guy looks like he has decent stand up and power but I don't see him ever beating Jon Jones or anything like that.

That's because Jon Jones can't even fight for the next 4 years.

Jon Jones is on a 4 year suspensiom so why does it matter? His stand up is more than "decent" and his speed is crazy. He hadn't fought in over 2 years and just started mma training 3 months ago, he's going to improve insanely fast. The lhw division is really shallow so I could definitley see him making a run at the title.

Can't Say I was impressed

He's must watch tho

Saki + 4 years more of MMA training = LHW GOAT

Not serious, but who knows lol.

You seen the PPV's they charge us for these days? We need all the new blood we can get, he did better tha CM punk in his debut.

He didn't really have any hype before last night.

He's the most well rounded pure striker in MMA right now. By a landslide.

I thought his TDD looked ok at best and he was having a hard time keeping De Silva off of him. Imo, as a big fan.. He's not going to be able to improve enough to handle top tier grapplers.. He would need to move to the states and really make some serious changes..

There's nobody in Turkey that's going to be able to bring his grappling up to par.

And honestly, he doesn't need to waste time learning anything other than take down defense and escapes. I doubt he's even training in a cage. His focus should be on not getting backed up, and using his footwork to avoid the takedowns and pressure.

I just think he's way too far behind to be able to make those improvements at his age and point in his career. But damn that was fun, keep giving him fun fights.

Well, it's not like we have star kickboxers crossover into MMA on a regular basis.

Look at his striking credentials alone......his standup is insanely good.

Consider as well this is only his second MMA fight and he didn't fight in the last 2 years.

He was self admittedly rusty and MMA striking distance is different then kickboxing or boxing it was obvious he was having issues finding range but once he did it was fucking over.

He's basically Crocop lol with lesser takedown defense.....if he can master a good sprawl the lhw division will be in trouble.

Crocop studied with Werdum which was a very smart move if Saki stays working with high level guys he will advance and be a real threat.

As for now he can still knock the shit out of a good deal of guys at 205.

He didn't really have any hype before last night.

He's the most well rounded pure striker in MMA right now. By a landslide.

I thought his TDD looked ok at best and he was having a hard time keeping De Silva off of him. Imo, as a big fan.. He's not going to be able to improve enough to handle top tier grapplers.. He would need to move to the states and really make some serious changes..

There's nobody in Turkey that's going to be able to bring his grappling up to par.

And honestly, he doesn't need to waste time learning anything other than take down defense and escapes. I doubt he's even training in a cage. His focus should be on not getting backed up, and using his footwork to avoid the takedowns and pressure.

I just think he's way too far behind to be able to make those improvements at his age and point in his career. But damn that was fun, keep giving him fun fights.
You know he trains with Gus and Ilir?

He would need to move to the states and really make some serious changes..

Pretty sure thats what he said he was doing post fight. Might have been with his backstage interview with my gf Megan

Last edited:
A great comparison is ANDY SOWER in RIZIN he is a really fun guy to watch and is improving fight to fight.

Amazing kickboxing background, still relatively young, but imo he is undersized for LHW.

Honestly I hope they give him tailor made matchups so we can have some fun with this dude: Bosse, Villante, Manuwa, etc.

Decent standup?{<jordan}He does need lots of work to become a contender in the UFC though.

Jon Jones is on a 4 year suspensiom so why does it matter? His stand up is more than "decent" and his speed is crazy. He hadn't fought in over 2 years and just started mma training 3 months ago, he's going to improve insanely fast. The lhw division is really shallow so I could definitley see him making a run at the title.

When did Jones start his 4 year suspension?

Back