What's with the Gokhan Saki hype?

He didn't really have any hype before last night.

He's the most well rounded pure striker in MMA right now. By a landslide.

I thought his TDD looked ok at best and he was having a hard time keeping De Silva off of him. Imo, as a big fan.. He's not going to be able to improve enough to handle top tier grapplers.. He would need to move to the states and really make some serious changes..

There's nobody in Turkey that's going to be able to bring his grappling up to par.

And honestly, he doesn't need to waste time learning anything other than take down defense and escapes. I doubt he's even training in a cage. His focus should be on not getting backed up, and using his footwork to avoid the takedowns and pressure.

I just think he's way too far behind to be able to make those improvements at his age and point in his career. But damn that was fun, keep giving him fun fights.

Wait....What??? Turkey has a great wrestling school just like any country from the former eastern block! And Caucasus is just over the mountains to the east, he can go to Dagestan or bring some good trainers and sparring partners from there to help him out and put him in a grappling clinic in the next period. And i am sure that there are some black belts in Turkey (country of 70+ million) to teach him some solid bjj...

Conor nuthugger seems jealous

Conor bangwagon has dissipated and has been replaced with Platinum and Saki warwagons.

Looked below average to me

Ref had to call and early stoppage cause he saw Gokhan starting to fold

All the hype you see about him on sherdog is likely coming from UFC/WME shills

Because he's an elite striker who goes in for the kill, his takedown defense wasn't bad at all and he'll only improve, why's every twat on here so negative? Views that reflect their own shit lives probably.

Looked below average to me

Ref had to call and early stoppage cause he saw Gokhan starting to fold

All the hype you see about him on sherdog is likely coming from UFC/WME shills
Below average as in his all around mma skills? For a kickboxer that hadn't fought in well over 2 years and just started mma training 3 months ago I'd say he looked pretty good.

Below average as in his all around mma skills? For a kickboxer that hadn't fought in well over 2 years and just started mma training 3 months ago I'd say he looked pretty good.

His offense looked good but his defense looked pretty bad

Because he's an elite striker who goes in for the kill, his takedown defense wasn't bad at all and he'll only improve, why's every twat on here so negative? Views that reflect their own shit lives probably.
Every one of these threads are likely made by people who didn't know who he was and don't follow kickboxing. How can anybody not be impressed with his striking? He got tired and isn't used to clinch fighting, anybody confused as to why he was weak in the clinch needs to look up the Glory and K1 rules. It's not like Muay thai which Da Silva has a black belt in. Saki should improve tremendously fast and showed good tdd for somebody so green, his potential is unlimited.

Last edited:
The guy looks like he has decent stand up and power but I don't see him ever beating Jon Jones or anything like that.
2b8.jpg

Who cares if he won't beat jones or dc? He could be exciting and lhw sucks

I honestly wasn't impressed. He gassed out after the 3 minute mark and almost got TKOed by a guy who is now 0-4 in his last 4 fights.

He's a few years past his prime too, this hype train won't last.

I honestly wasn't impressed. He gassed out after the 3 minute mark and almost got TKOed by a guy who is now 0-4 in his last 4 fights.

He's a few years past his prime too, this hype train won't last.

U wot M8

He's bald/ circular head, tanned, not very tall, funny sounding name; he is goat like the rest of the hypes Yoel, Ngannou, Lombard, Khabib & others.

The wikipedia warriors think they are geniuses because they can spell his name on Sherdog.

In reality he gasses & does not hit as hard as Roy Nelson or Schaub.

Edmond has a better record.

Last edited:
Cliff notes for the attention challenged:
  • Not impressed.
  • Almost TKOed by bottom tier 205er.
  • Saki hype will die down when people realize he's past his prime.

I honestly can't begin to imagine he will ever become a remotely serious contender, however I would love to see him in some favorable matchups against other guys who basically do nothing but stand.

Back