What's with Aussie's and dumb tattoos?

Being Aussie and having traveled around a fair bit I can say we have by far the most and shittest tattoos I have seen anywhere.

Its fucking sad.

Last edited:
I dunno man, Tatts have taken off massively here. There's no better way to tell strangers that you're a shallow, self obsessed individual than to get a tattoo.

Yeah, I mean, its not like just last weekend we had the All American Tattooed Battle for the ages

PrK4jlN.png

The hole in the ozone layer is above Austrailia. They need to protect that skin with ink.

All of those combined aren't as bad as Alan Belcher's Jonny Cash tattoo

Once you grow up, no not really, but at least I can put a shirt on and mine are covered. But what possesses people to get that shit on their faces and necks?

<JagsKiddingMe>

Probably the same reason you got yours. The PC answer is that they thought it was cool at the time. The non PC answer: young and dumb, and probably drunk.

I live in Sydney and now know 4 ppl personally that have face tattoos and about 10 more that have neck tattoos.

I'm seriously considering investing into the laser tattoo removal industry, i have a feeling it's gonna be a boom in 5-10 years

Sometimes see a few guys walking around with facial tattoos here. Funny thing is, they never look at you when you're walking past them (and I'll be looking at them cause they have that dumb shit on their faces) like they're scared of people or something.

Once you grow up, no not really, but at least I can put a shirt on and mine are covered. But what possesses people to get that shit on their faces and necks?

<JagsKiddingMe>
100% agree, but rubbish tattoos are just a raging fad here at the moment. No idea what to tell you. At my work I'm one of only 4 people without ink from a staff of about 25.

Not sure if you’re being sarcastic but that actually makes sense.

Yeah MMA attracts some weirdos. Without traditional bases as big sports we get a higher % of weirdos.

We're not bad at KB and boxing but that's much of the same, attracts a lot of dickheads.

That combined with a big love of shitty tattoos in general means we'll always represent in the shitty tat dept.

Face and neck tats are still a pretty big social faux pas at least. Which is why I think there's more to it than we just love shit tats.

It's pretty simple really: They're all drunk, all the time.

Back