What's The Rule On Crowdfunding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEER

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm only good at sob stories when I try to off myself, as you know.

But, I totaled my car about a month ago. I hit a manhole around which the road had sunken in and it ripped open my car's oil pan. I am currently in touch with a lawyer concerning filing a claim against the city in which this happens. Unfortunately, all of my income is based on having a vehicle. I've been looking for more stable jobs, but I'm going to struggle to make rent in just a few days, and a month ago, I had to borrow money to do it. I'm currently applying for apprenticeships with local shipyards and trying to find a stable financial situation, but at the moment I'm struggling and panicking.

So, I'm not posting a link to a gofundme because I don't know if it's against the rules at all. I'm just trying to collect enough to pay my bills that I've struggled with for the last month. I'm even open to repaying for anyone who feels like giving a loan instead of a donation. Please send me a message if you're open to donating or loaning money.

Mods, if this is against the rules, feel free to delete the thread. I don't have social media, so I don't really have any avenues to get this out. If it is allowed, I'll provide the link and encourage people to share it.

Anyway, this is your latest "BEER sounds poor and like a loser" thread. Thanks for reading.

A poster on here made a thread for me when my dog needed surgery and I didnt have the funds. $700 was donated in a few days and it helped me out alot.

A poster on here made a thread for me when my dog needed surgery and I didnt have the funds. $700 was donated in a few days and it helped me out alot.

That's really cool. I don't think I ever saw the thread but fuck yeah Sherdog for coming through!

I feel sorry for you, but at the same time, I don't, because I know that every shitty situation I've been in, I got there myself.

Hopefully someone with much more expendable cash than I do can help you out.

It depends on what type of crowdfunding it is. If it is someone trying to get from folks to go on vacation, buy a new gaming rig or something similar I'll tell them where to shove it. However if it is for needing surgery and the likes I'll donate

Just join the Mexican line up at Home Depot. possible 700 bucks for the week if you show up everyday.

It depends on what type of crowdfunding it is. If it is someone trying to get from folks to go on vacation, buy a new gaming rig or something similar I'll tell them where to shove it. However if it is for needing surgery and the likes I'll donate

Not surgery, but intense need to pay bills after totaling my car in an accident that wasnt my fault.

You need to grow up and be more responsible with your finances.

Yeah. I'm working on not being a complete loser but at the moment I'm sacrificing my dignity to ask for the help of strangers because I've run out of options.

Thanks for playing.

Yeah. I'm working on not being a complete loser but at the moment I'm sacrificing my dignity to ask for the help of strangers because I've run out of options.

Thanks for playing.
How much are you going to be running short for rent? Forecast for the next month?

I feel sorry for you, but at the same time, I don't, because I know that every shitty situation I've been in, I got there myself.

Hopefully someone with much more expendable cash than I do can help you out.
technically he did drive himself there

How much are you going to be running short for rent? Forecast for the next month?

I'm actually disinterested in sharing my financial struggles with you now that you've come so cynically into my thread. If you'd like to have a real discussion void of your judgment, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for playing.
I've donated for stuff before, I would donate to yours if you post it. It won't be a huge amount, but I'll give something around end of week if you post it.

I've donated for stuff before, I would donate to yours if you post it. It won't be a huge amount, but I'll give something around end of week if you post it.

I appreciate it. I'll send you a PM since I'd rather wait for mod approval before posting the link in the thread.

I'm actually disinterested in sharing my financial struggles with you now that you've come so cynically into my thread. If you'd like to have a real discussion void of your judgment, feel free to PM me.
Your attitude will always see you in this position.

Your attitude will always see you in this position.

You want me to publicly humiliate myself further than I have just by creating the thread. That's unwarranted. My attitude isnt the problem here. If you're disinterested, move on.

The rule of thumb is there are enough suckers out there willing to pay for you. But, you have to appeal to their sense of identity.
The hard rule, keep your receipts. If you can't prove you used the money correctly you can go to jail for fraud. And the people who are willing to help to bolster their ego(at least 50% of the donations), are the first to sue and take money from you. Win-win.

You want me to publicly humiliate myself further than I have just by creating the thread. That's unwarranted. My attitude isnt the problem here. If you're disinterested, move on.
How is asking what you're going to be short on rent and next months forecast further humiliating than what you've admitted already? You're getting emotional, that's what I meant about attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back