What's The Rule On Crowdfunding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for your car, did you contact the city or fill out a police report or anything that would document what happened?

My moms car was parked on the street and they ground down the yellow center stripe which cast molten plastic all over her car. The city paid to have it color sanded and it looked better than before.

The city has a responsibility to provide safe roads and sidewalks. I think they would pay you pretty easily. Now they might pay for a repair, but not a blue book total.

Did you drive your engine to seize?

How is asking what you're going to be short on rent and next months forecast further humiliating than what you've admitted already? You're getting emotional, that's what I meant about attitude.
Get lost.

How is potentially losing your place of living not an emotional thing?

Living up to your curmudgeon name i see lol

The rule of thumb is there are enough suckers out there willing to pay for you. But, you have to appeal to their sense of identity.
The hard rule, keep your receipts. If you can't prove you used the money correctly you can go to jail for fraud. And the people who are willing to help to bolster their ego(at least 50% of the donations), are the first to sue and take money from you. Win-win.

If that's the case, I'm more than willing to provide whatever documentation it takes to prove that the funds are directly going towards rent and bills that have fallen to the wayside with my accident.
How is asking what you're going to be short on rent and next months forecast further humiliating than what you've admitted already? You're getting emotional, that's what I meant about attitude.

It matters because you didn't come to the thread with any empathy, only criticism. That signals a lack of intention beyond humiliation. If that dictates to you that somehow I'm emotional, so be it.

As for your car, did you contact the city or fill out a police report or anything that would document what happened?

My moms car was parked on the street and they ground down the yellow center stripe which cast molten plastic all over her car. The city paid to have it color sanded and it looked better than before.

The city has a responsibility to provide safe roads and sidewalks. I think they would pay you pretty easily. Now they might pay for a repair, but not a blue book total.

Did you drive your engine to seize?

A report was filed with my insurance company but they decided not to file a claim with the city. So I'm now in contact with a lawyer who seems to think there is a case for lost wages and damages beyond the value of the vehicle. Unfortunately it's a long process and rent doesn't wait on court cases.

Like all things in life, as soon as anyone receives generosity, then a million people will be behind in line behind them.

The assholes ruin it for everyone, including beer.

Sorry beer, But I don't want to see sherdog turn into a bunch of begging threads.

Like all things in life, as soon as anyone receives generosity, then a million people will be behind in line behind them.

The assholes ruin it for everyone, including beer.

Sorry beer, But I don't want to see sherdog turn into a bunch of begging threads.

Hey bud, I get that, but I have to try. Thanks for your perspective.

I’ll donate to you, but you have to invite me to your online CoD party on the new Xbox you buy.

Seriously though, if mods approve I’ll be back.

I’ll donate to you, but you have to invite me to your online CoD party on the new Xbox you buy.

Seriously though, if mods approve I’ll be back.

I wish I was raising money for an Xbox! I'm just trying to get caught up while in a financial situation that doesn't allow me to do so at the moment. But once I get my financials locked down well enough to afford a new Xbox, I promise you a spot on my friend's list.

I wish I could afford to pay you in real money

But I paid you in likes which is almost as valuable

<Kpop775>

ya I'm leaving

I'm only good at sob stories when I try to off myself, as you know.

But, I totaled my car about a month ago. I hit a manhole around which the road had sunken in and it ripped open my car's oil pan. I am currently in touch with a lawyer concerning filing a claim against the city in which this happens. Unfortunately, all of my income is based on having a vehicle. I've been looking for more stable jobs, but I'm going to struggle to make rent in just a few days, and a month ago, I had to borrow money to do it. I'm currently applying for apprenticeships with local shipyards and trying to find a stable financial situation, but at the moment I'm struggling and panicking.

So, I'm not posting a link to a gofundme because I don't know if it's against the rules at all. I'm just trying to collect enough to pay my bills that I've struggled with for the last month. I'm even open to repaying for anyone who feels like giving a loan instead of a donation. Please send me a message if you're open to donating or loaning money.

Mods, if this is against the rules, feel free to delete the thread. I don't have social media, so I don't really have any avenues to get this out. If it is allowed, I'll provide the link and encourage people to share it.

Anyway, this is your latest "BEER sounds poor and like a loser" thread. Thanks for reading.

I tried finding a way to PM you but all I show is how to post by clicking in your name but I can see other people's posts in there from 2017 so I figured that is probably not how you private message somebody. Send me the link. I donated to some dude named Chris for his dog a couple years ago. I'll donate some money. It won't be much but I'm in. It won't be until I get to work tomorrow so it will probably be about 10 hours since it's night time where I live. Have a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back