What's the obsession over the royal wedding?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean I'm happy for them and hope they live well and prosper, but I can't for the life of me understand why people get so invested in celebrity lives.

People worship celebrities. It's their escape I guess. Living vicariously to things outside the norm. My escape is watching sports and watching movies, so to each their own .

How many royal families are there in this age?
I don't really care about this stuff, but I get it. it's 2018 and we have a few princes and kings and such around--of course a wedding will be a big deal , especially when it's from a country like Britain.
How often is there a royal wedding?

"Ma gawd, did you (Celebrity) on the Graham Norton Show? They're so funny!"

Celeb worship is a cancer.

I literally don't get it, the royal family are hated here in England, I have never met anyone who had a good thing to say, i'm surprised they haven't been lynched yet.

Yet the ginger marries a foreigner and it's a bigger deal than our country being over run by terrorist migrants and our own people being killed lol

I would like to know where these normies reside?

Because women still have this childish fantasy of being a princess

I saw a graphic where the royal family is worth some $88 billion. I imagine there are some tax payers who deserve a taste of that.

I don't think most people care at all. It seems to be cheap fodder for women to chat about for a week or so.

Moreso looks like the networks/media trying to force people to care.

In several generations a Black king will be crowned.

I saw a graphic where the royal family is worth some $88 billion. I imagine there are some tax payers who deserve a taste of that.
Yup. They actually use offshore accounts to avoid paying hefty taxes. Sneaky Bastards.

Just like any other celebrity, most people don't care but the media will focus solely on the losers who will sell their house for the chance to sit outside the church during the wedding

Just like any other celebrity, most people don't care but the media will focus solely on the losers who will sell their house for the chance to sit outside the church during the wedding
A buddies girlfriend got up at two am to watch it. That's the demographic that gives a shit about this. Twenty something girls that really believe they're Disney princesses in the back of their minds.

Theyre mostly for show, it just something to get the idiot peasants foaming at the mouth about in england which is always hilarious.

You never hear people bitching about the all the other European monarchs, just the British. And honestly I have no idea why.

I'm more interested in seeing the wind blow up Kate's dresses exposing her g-string buns.

People have incredibly dull lives.

I couldnt care less or even know what their names are, but I dont care that other people care

Not sure why Americans would care, but here in Canada many people grew up with the Royal Family. They're just part of the core culture, unlike in the US.

Back