What's the most frustrating game you play?

I played Demon's Souls again and I'll tell you what, Souls has evolved.

I stand by my claim that the original PS3 Demon's Souls is tied with any other FromSoft game in terms of atmosphere and world, but it is frustrating beyond belief.

The actual gameplay mechanics are pretty easy, which isn't a dig at the game- it's just indicative of how Souls players have grown. What's not easy is the awful play control. When you get pure white tendency in Boletaria Palace and try to platform down that chasm. It's like every wooden beam is covered in grease, you just slip off. Like if you fall and don't land square in the center, you just slip off and that's it. And if you move at all once you land on any given beam you'll fall. There's almost this issue where when you turn 180, you kind of backstep. So if you're facing an edge to which you're too close and try to go in the OPPOSITE direction you fall off the cliff from which you were walking away.

Finally got that item on the beam and I don't even remember what it was, but it wasn't worth it. What I DO remember is that when I got to the bottom and tried to pick up the Bramble armor set I couldn't because I was overburdened. Went home and offloaded stuff, came back and IT WAS GONE BECAUSE I HAD INTERACTED WITH IT.

I was like, okay that's enough. Going back to Turbo Overkill

The most frustrating game I’ve ever played was the PC port of the original NES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game. The original game itself was already notorious due to the infamous water level where you have to defuse the bombs at the dam and you have to navigate the seaweed that can electrocute you.

cstw8lkovln21.jpg

But what made the PC port even worse was that it was literally broken and could not be beaten. It had an impossible jump on the PC port that shouldn’t have been as wide as it was. My older brothers and I weren’t aware of this “bug” and spent years trying to figure out how to pass the jump and wondering what we were doing wrong or missing. Fucking piece of crap. So much frustration and wasted time and energy.

6pjVjLQYlaseOpzqY9DFqDuFKqJeLCdwC6jSYs5pM78.png
I loved that game tbh as a kid

Hunt Showdown. Game can turn on a dime and suddenly you're headed back to the loading screen. One of the best games I've played though, only shooter I'll touch now that Overwatch is dead.

I played Demon's Souls again and I'll tell you what, Souls has evolved.

I stand by my claim that the original PS3 Demon's Souls is tied with any other FromSoft game in terms of atmosphere and world, but it is frustrating beyond belief.

The actual gameplay mechanics are pretty easy, which isn't a dig at the game- it's just indicative of how Souls players have grown. What's not easy is the awful play control. When you get pure white tendency in Boletaria Palace and try to platform down that chasm. It's like every wooden beam is covered in grease, you just slip off. Like if you fall and don't land square in the center, you just slip off and that's it. And if you move at all once you land on any given beam you'll fall. There's almost this issue where when you turn 180, you kind of backstep. So if you're facing an edge to which you're too close and try to go in the OPPOSITE direction you fall off the cliff from which you were walking away.

Finally got that item on the beam and I don't even remember what it was, but it wasn't worth it. What I DO remember is that when I got to the bottom and tried to pick up the Bramble armor set I couldn't because I was overburdened. Went home and offloaded stuff, came back and IT WAS GONE BECAUSE I HAD INTERACTED WITH IT.

I was like, okay that's enough. Going back to Turbo Overkill
I thought you were going to mention the ladder lol. I never go for that item anymore because it takes ten minutes to climb back up.

In before git gud but...

Not sure if anyone mentioned Rocket League. It's a fun game but when you play against sweats who smurf or get terrible lag and it feels like the ping isn so bad you are a second behind in the play it's a very frustrating experience.

Personally I love it when we go one goal down with like 4 minutes on the clock and one teammate immediately quits.

Trials Rising. The harder courses are basically platforming.

That's pretty much the entire series. Fun games for about 50% of the playtime, until they regularly start throwing 90 degree inclines, full of hazards and barriers at you, that you're supposed to somehow miracle your ass up to the finish line. No other series goes from "fun" to "fuck right off" as consistently as Trials does. I stopped playing them altogether after the second one, because of that bullshit.

That's pretty much the entire series. Fun games for about 50% of the playtime, until they regularly start throwing 90 degree inclines, full of hazards and barriers at you, that you're supposed to somehow miracle your ass up to the finish line. No other series goes from "fun" to "fuck right off" as consistently as Trials does. I stopped playing them altogether after the second one, because of that bullshit.
Yeah when the gold medal time go from 50 seconds to fucking 8 minutes, it's some bullshit. I still can't bunny hop worth a fuck and I've got like 100 hours in.

Holy shit I unlocked pro series A and some extreme tracks. Game has gone from laughable to simply awe inspiringly ignorant and stupid

Have you played the previous installments? Trials HD was an Xbox Arcade exclusive I think but Trials Evolution contains all of those tracks anyways. I managed to get gold on every track (and platinum on several) in those games after hundreds of hours lol. Quite addicting once you know what to do for each jump.

Have you played the previous installments? Trials HD was an Xbox Arcade exclusive I think but Trials Evolution contains all of those tracks anyways. I managed to get gold on every track (and platinum on several) in those games after hundreds of hours lol. Quite addicting once you know what to do for each jump.
Yes the wife has banned me from playing the game lol

The extreme tracks are insane. You're saying you got gold on them!?

X-Com2

I've played on Medium Difficulty and still save-scum the shit out of it, and still get my ass beat.

My respect to those who play on Hard or Impossible on IronMan mode (No in-mission saving) but its just too damn hard to be enjoyable.

Sekiro. I'm going to reinstall it one day probably, but I got to a point on it where the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

Reactions: 666
If they're anything like the ones in Trials rising I commend you. I got my first completion on an extreme track and it was 250 faults

Have played? Dead by Daylight. Never met a bunch of sweatier, try hard, winning is everything idiots that hate fun more than in that game. I just wanted to run stupid builds for comedy, but god help me I got lit up for actually trying to have fun rather than winning.

Currently? Anything, as my GPU is on the verge of its final moments. But lemme tell ya, Minesweeper at its hardest is no fucking joke. I hate math.

Reactions: 666
Back