What's the difference between DC/JJ and Couture/Barnett?

legatoblues

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Re DC getting his belt back: what has changed since Barnett was stripped after taking the belt from Randy, who then had to fight for the vacant belt?

Are they the same scenario or is there something different about them that I'm missing?

The decision for Couture-Barnett wasn't overturned. It's still a loss on Randy's record.

If I remember right, they offered to return the title. Randy refused.

The decision for Couture-Barnett wasn't overturned. It's still a loss on Randy's record.

On that - do we know why some wins are overturned and others stand? Is there some sort of rule or reason, or is it just whatever the commission feels like?

A full-roid-stack Jones is more dangerous than a roided Barnett?

Interesting and impressive - I can totally see Randy taking that stance.
Randy was treated shit back then before Rizzo fight owners were rooting for rizzo common knowledge

Randy upset a lot of the up and comers stars rizzo chuck he later became champ . Rooting against the old guy

Whooped Tito timmeh gabe

Dana says randy is a bad guy I do not believe it . A genuine geeza imo.

As we would say in London

On that - do we know why some wins are overturned and others stand? Is there some sort of rule or reason, or is it just whatever the commission feels like?

Keep in mind the timeframe. The rules and commissions have evolved quite a bit. That fight was 15 years ago...

And for the record, Randy did refuse to take the belt back. Said publically he got beat, didn't deserve it.

And Randy was so sparkling clean that his nickname was The Natural.

<Goldie11>

He did it the right way . Boosted his testosterone up when low and legal and the healthy way

It's been documented what randy did

Randy did it correctly and bowed out like a warrior

And Randy was so sparkling clean that his nickname was The Natural.

<Goldie11>

Hmmm, care to provide a single instance of a failed drug test for Randy? A single instance of an in ring foul? A single instance of missed weight?

And "The Natural" was in reference to the fact that he started MMA at 34, an age when many guys are on the decline.

Randy was treated shit back then before Rizzo fight owners were rooting for rizzo common knowledge

Randy upset a lot of the up and comers stars rizzo chuck he later became champ . Rooting against the old guy

Whooped Tito timmeh gabe

Dana says randy is a bad guy I do not believe it . A genuine geeza imo.

As we would say in London

Yep... mind you Dana hated Randy for trying to leave to fight Fedor, for being vocal about crappy pay at a time when fighters didn't say boo... And also that TV gig with Frank Shamrock did little to endear him to the UFC in general.

Interesting and impressive - I can totally see Randy taking that stance.
Agreed, but with DC think of this way. Jones is out, prob for 2 years. Whoever DC is gonna fight next is the same person he would've fought for a vacant belt. As the champ, he'll make way more money in that fight. Why should he give up millions of dollars out of deference to the biggest fuck up ever in MMA?? he's fighting for his family and his kids. Fuck Jones, i'd take the belt and the extra million dollars as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back