What's going on with Brandon Vera?

I don't know. UFC LHW is definitely thin now, but Vera lost to Keith Jardine, an ancient version of Couture, took a beating from Thiago Silva, etc. If he could still make LHW (a big IF at this point), he'd be really drained and probably affected by the weight cut. At the very least, I think these guys would beat him:

Gus (easily)
Volkan
Glover
Latifi (strong wrestler...the type that always bullied Vera)
OSP

I wouldn't be surprised if Cummins, Manuwa and some other guys could also beat him--I'd give them at least a 50/50 chance. And of course if Cormier, Jones or Rumble return, they'd beat him with ease.

Who beats USADA Vera?

grVxO.gif

No news on a Vera vs. Vitor (all the PEDs you want!) fight in OneFC? Are we going to wait until they're both 45?

saving him for the 100th event in Japan in Oct

He's fighting Aung later this year

Yeah, he said he wanted the 205lbs. title, so it sounds like he will cut down to make the challenge. Probably in Japan in Oct. like others mentioned here.

I would have preferred seeing if Aung could become the Triple Champ. Can they put both belts on the line like SRL vs. Lalonde in boxing?

I've heard literally nothing on him since his last fight.

I know he started Alliance MMA like 10 years ago. Maybe that is taking up his time.
I dont think hes with Alliance anymore. He live in the Philippines was making movies in between fights since joining ONE.

He is busy in the Philippines shooting films and campaigning for Manny Pacquiao's presidential bid next election.

Brandon Vera is scheduled to fight Aung La Nsang.

Mans is jumping down to LHW to fight the MW and LHW champ La N Sang. Not sure how hes gonna make the weight w the no weight cutting policy. Maybe we'll see the first weight cut castration??

Yeah, he said he wanted the 205lbs. title, so it sounds like he will cut down to make the challenge. Probably in Japan in Oct. like others mentioned here.

I would have preferred seeing if Aung could become the Triple Champ. Can they put both belts on the line like SRL vs. Lalonde in boxing?

Mans is jumping down to LHW to fight the MW and LHW champ La N Sang. Not sure how hes gonna make the weight w the no weight cutting policy. Maybe we'll see the first weight cut castration??

The light-heavyweight limit is 225lbs.
He can make it through dieting.

Back