What was your reaction when Nck Diaz did this ?

Silva clowns in the ring. So I guess what goes around, comes around.

Silva usually actually clowned though. Dropping his hands and calling his opponents on while slipping punches and countering. Nick just looked stupid taunting out of range

Were you also pissed when Anderson did it to Maia?

What Anderson does takes skill. He puts himself in danger when he taunts. Nick just did a Conor and taunted out of range

Nick%2BDiaz%2BMocks%2BAnderson%2BSilva%2BUFC%2B183.gif
diaz-twerk.gif
laydown.gif
200.gif
Nick was super stoned lol. He must of lit one right before he entered the cage to be acting this silly.
Nick Diaz paying tribute.

Because Anderson has always been so respectful right?

And because he is the Greatest Of All Time.

Some drug fucked stoner kid doing that and refusing to engage was bizarre and disrespectful to the enth degree. He should have been fined IMO.

You never watched the fight?

<TheWire1>

He is kinda right. Nick always taunts, but he does so while coming forward with pressure. In this fight he was trying to bait Anderson in to counter him. Thats not Nicks game

He is kinda right. Nick always taunts, but he does so while coming forward with pressure. In this fight he was trying to bait Anderson in to counter him. Thats not Nicks game
I just think Nick was high and getting outclassed. He has no idea what to do lol.

When he fell on the ground, at first I thought he was mocking Anderson's leg break...

This first round is definitively on my top 10, I was entertained as fuck lol

Fear...very out of character for Nick Diaz.

He clearly felt out of his element and uncertain about how to carry himself. Although I never watched the fight, it appears he lacked his usual confidence and was trying something unorthodox to cover up.
Dude, it makes no sense to give an opinion on a fight that you admit you never watched

I was entertained, so fine with me. Nobody is ever going to do that again.

Hey man, it could happen. I would if I had what it takes to belong in the cage in the first place. :( Most fighters take it too seriously to taunt to that extreme, but that makes sense. It's a very serious thing. It's not just a fistfight you're in. It's an elbow fight, knee fight, kickfight, chokefight, snap your arm fight...

Lol who cares what Anderson thought? Point is he didn't pounce, did he? Why not?
Nick said it himself, afterwards, had anyone dropped to the mat against him, he would have jumped on them immediately. What happened to Anderson there? Unfazed my ass, he didn't know what to do, nobody had ever tooled him like he had so many before that.

Nick said it himself, afterwards, had anyone dropped to the mat against him, he would have jumped on them immediately. What happened to Anderson there? Unfazed my ass, he didn't know what to do, nobody had ever tooled him like he had so many before that.
Well of course Diaz would have jumped on them immediately. Would have saved him a lot of shambling around the cage with his terrible footwork.

Let's put it this way:

I own this shirt.

uUOIllE.jpg

Well of course Diaz would have jumped on them immediately. Would have saved him a lot of shambling around the cage with his terrible footwork.
LOL, and I am no huge Nick fan by any stretch though he has always been entertaining and game, but if we are going to go there, then we have to give Nick credit for his amazing body shots. Dude works body shots like nobody in the org today.

Don't have a good gif at the moment, but it was seriously one of the funniest things I've seen in any given mma fight.

LOL, and I am no huge Nick fan by any stretch though he has always been entertaining and game, but if we are going to go there, then we have to give Nick credit for his amazing body shots. Dude works body shots like nobody in the org today.
Oh I enjoy Diaz as much as the next guy. But when he bitches about guys (like Condit or Silva) not just standing in the pocket with him but does fuck all to improve his footwork...eh.

Only thing that came close to it for me in the past few years was Cody slipping several punches of Cruz and then popping and locking.

Back