What was your first concert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
580.jpeg

When my mom was five months pregnant with me she saw a Michael Jackson concert.

But the actual first one was Peter, Paul and Mary.

3/17/1983 Rochester War Memorial
Hall and Oates with Steel Breeze opening

Ozzy, Rob Zombie, Mudvayne, and Soil in '01 it was the first time Ozzy had been back to Des Moines since bitting the head off a bat back in '82

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AGFHF!!!!!!!!!!.jpg.opt705x415o0,0s705x415.jpg

it was at Nassau Collisuem but yes it was this tour...

First concert was Beastie Boys, Bad Brains, and DJ Hurricane in 1995 on the Ill Communication tour.

First concert was Beastie Boys, Bad Brains, and DJ Hurricane in 1995 on the Ill Communication tour.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AGFHF!!!!!!!!!!.jpg.opt705x415o0,0s705x415.jpg

how was Pantera? They seemed to be doing more side project stuff then Pantera stuff around this time Phil with Black Metal and Vinnie, Dimebag, and Rex doing that album with David Allan Coe.

Mushroomhead with Lamb of God as the opening act when I was 14 LOL

I think LoG had JUST changed their name from Burn the Priest at the time so this was like 99-2000.

Accept, Metal Church, and WASP. Pretty sure it was in 1989.

Def Leppard at Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield in 1993. I was 10 years old and my dad took me lol. Ugly Kid Joe and Thunder were the support bands IIRC.

First concert was AC/DC on the Ballbreaker tour. My old man took me and my brother. It was pretty cool, I was about 11 or 12. First concert without Pops was 1998 I saw Slayer with System of a Down and Clutch opening. It was fuckin sick. It was the first time I had ever heard of System, when their singer first came on the stage and was messing around with the microphone I thought he was a roadie. Then he just started screaming a bunch of weird stuff, and a few minutes later the band started playing. They were pretty good, and would go on to become a huge band. Clutch was badass and I actually just saw them opening for Lamb of God a couple months ago. But Slayer blew both bands away obviously. I've seen Slayer a bunch of times since but that was the smallest venue I've seen them at and it was intense/

AC/DC on the Stiff Upper Lip tour in 2000/2001. Think I was 12 at the time. My old man took my brother and I at my brother's request. Ever since my brother has gone cross country to see them play.

The first concert I wanted to go to was Gwar in 2004 and I did and it was awesome.

Just read @sangreporsangre post as I'm typing lol. I'd bet a lot of people were taken to see AC/DC with their pops. It's like a right of passage.

Awesome I saw that tour as well, within days of that. I would have to go dig out the stub but it was definitely January of 99 in Toronto at the Skydome (Skytent). Deftones were the first band to play, they were a little meh but I cant blame them, like half of the crowd or more hadn't even showed up yet. But Pantera killed it and so did Sabbath. "Who here still smokes weed?", when Ozzy asked that before they played Sweet Leaf it was like the loudest cheer I've ever heard in my life. Not as big of a reaction later when he asked "who here still does coke?" before Snowblind lmao but a bunch of people still cheered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back