What was your first concert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome I saw that tour as well, within days of that. I would have to go dig out the stub but it was definitely January of 99 in Toronto at the Skydome (Skytent). Deftones were the first band to play, they were a little meh but I cant blame them, like half of the crowd or more hadn't even showed up yet. But Pantera killed it and so did Sabbath. "Who here still smokes weed?", when Ozzy asked that before they played Sweet Leaf it was like the loudest cheer I've ever heard in my life. Not as big of a reaction later when he asked "who here still does coke?" before Snowblind lmao but a bunch of people still cheered.

same exact experience here...was a huge huge deftones fan at the tiem though and ...well holy shit what a great show is all i can say

Guns n Roses
Metallica
Faith no More

All at same show in 92 in Las Vegas. I was a junior in HS. My first and still tbe greatest I have seen.

Damn some nice responses. Makes me feel young. My first was Ozzfest day off, August 2001, in New Hampshire. Walked in (and by in I mean it was open air) during spineshank. Then it was mudvayne, linking park, disturbed and slipknot. I was 14. It was glorious.

I've seen a million bands since then (I'm a punk/hardcore 30 year old now) and still support local bands and heading to philly this weekend for a fest. I swear someday I'll grow out of it.

Damn some nice responses. Makes me feel young. My first was Ozzfest day off, August 2001, in New Hampshire. Walked in (and by in I mean it was open air) during spineshank. Then it was mudvayne, linking park, disturbed and slipknot. I was 14. It was glorious.

I've seen a million bands since then (I'm a punk/hardcore 30 year old now) and still support local bands and heading to philly this weekend for a fest. I swear someday I'll grow out of it.
Why outgrow it? It's part of who you are and can pass that love on to your kids and make memories going to shows with them

Blue Oyster Cult & Steppenwolf at a fair.

aside local/random bands, it was Foreigner in 1993

Castle Donnington Monsters of Rock 1988,Iron Maiden were fucking awesome,David Lee Roth was also pretty good from what I recall and the crowd when fucking nuts during the Guns 'n' Roses set....so much so,2 kids lost their lives,this thread actually had me googling Donnington '88,in comparison to today,it would seem zero fucks were really given about Health & Safety issues and the potential hazards bad weather,in a muddy sloping field and a huge crowd could pose.

Last edited:
Slapshot, Sam Black Church and a couple other bands at The Rat in Boston in 90 or 91.

Rush! My pop took me in like '92 (12yrs old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back