What was your favorite childhood book?

Indian in the Cupboard, Mouse on a Motorcycle, Wayside School

great thread TS, brings back memories
I can't believe I forgot about The Indian in the Cupboard. It brought me such great joy growing up.

These books were the shit!

maxresdefault.jpg

I read everything I could get my hands on, but I still have the complete Sherlock Holmes and a bunch of Choose Your Own Adventures on my bookshelf.

For some reason I also used to read a lot of terrible movie novelizations like The Karate Kid Part 3 and Little Monsters...

These books were the shit!

maxresdefault.jpg

Those books sucked. The only way to finish them was to mark your spot so when you made a mistake you could take another route.

Most of mine have been mentioned already but Hatchet, Indian in the Cupboard, Outsiders, and The Stand were my favorites.

For any fans of Hatchet, there were a few sequels I hadn't heard of until a few years ago. All really good.

Sideways stories from wayside school by Louis sacher

Chicka chicka boom boom and eric carlisles(sp?) "the hungriest caterpillar"

And then I found an illustraded book on sex positions in Waldenbooks thus changing the whole game of life.

I always read above my age... Two come to mind - The Exorcist and The Godsend.

Depends on how far back you go, but two that come to to mind are "The Outsiders" (older) and "The wonderful flight to the Mushroom Planet" (younger). I really dug the "Encyclopedia Brown" series too. :)

I liked the sesame street one called the monster at the end of this book. Basically anything featuring grover or oscar the grouch were tops for me.

I also was intrigued by the one where the kid cleaning up his room went to a fantasy world out of things he was going to throw out or save

55ae92913fa51_362783b.jpg

I read watership down at 16 if that counts, still my favourite book
md20833842701.jpg

If not then the hobbit, though I never read it as a kid my dad use to read it to me

Oh and Jurassic park and the lost world

Little Women
Grimm FairyTales
Babysitters Club
Fox and the Hound
Oh the thinks you can think.
Any Bernstein Bears books

I made my father repeatedly read oh the thinks you can think to me, so he taught me to read quite young, I was around 4, and I do think it was mostly I had memorized the books! I just don't believe when my parents told me I could read by that age.

Back