What type of gun-control would actually stop mass shootings?

Strict laws would help but wouldn't eliminate it. A lot of times, these guns are bought by law-abiding citizens and are taken by other family members.

I agree we need tougher laws on who can get a gun along with waiting periods and closing the gun show loophole. That said, it really drives me crazy for people to think they can prevent violence, crime and crazy people. Even if we banned all guns, crazy people are going to do crazy things. We see in Europe, knife violence is outrageous and people are getting ran over by cars.

You just can't keep banning things to keep people safe while impeding the rights of others. In a world of 6+ billion, you just have to live with the fact that crazy happens. The fact that is happens as infrequent as it does it impressive to me. Wanting to feel safe everywhere you go is idealistic but not realistic.

Fix our culture.

Guns aren't the problem - therefore cannot be part of the solution. My father and grandfather used to bring guns to school and they never had to worry about these shootings. Something changed in the last couple of generations.

None. Responsible reporting would probably help, responsible medication prescriptions, and several societal changes would go a long way. There's a reason this has been a bigger problem recently and guns certainly weren't just invented. Maybe legalize prostitution, though I think it's a bigger problem than simply "getting laid". I don't think social media is working wonders for people's happiness either.

Well, if you think social programs that reach out to and track troubled youth would solve the problem, that’s a fair argument. But it’s hard to believe that that alone would stop the mass shootings.

It would likely be a combination of more drastic gun-control laws AND more resources used to help stop the shooters’ mental condition’s existence.

Or maybe kids, coaches and teachers can stop bullying certain students to the point of them snapping

99% of the problem is fixed with one simple little stroke of the pen...

Anyone on mood altering prescription drugs is banned from owning a firearm.

Done and done. Most of the issue goes away immediately.

To address gun violence specifically at schools or anywhere?

I understand folks don't want to hear about physical security improvements at schools due to the cost, but I really fail to see how a school district can pass a local bond issue for construction of a new sports facility and nobody bats an eye, but when it comes to physical security it can't be done.
You have to do that. Everything else that everyone else has said up to this point is completely out the window the minute that Daddy leaves his gun cabinet unlocked for some little creep to open it up and grab one and take it to School.

Or maybe kids, coaches and teachers can stop bullying certain students to the point of them snapping
Which would be like asking all of the War Room posters to stop engaging and all of their tribal politics. It's like asking humans not to be human any longer.

Sad, but true.

I don't care how many shootings there are. No gun restriction laws. Don't punish me because your scared for little Timmy's safety. Keep him home then. Lock him in your basement. Or better yet, spend money to secure the schools with metal detectors.

Waiver of prohibition of cruel and unusual punishment for everyone in the supply chain involved in the nutjob shooter's acquisition of the guns, including the gun manufacturer execs and lobbyists. As is, there's no accountability and zero shits given.

Good guy with a gun control.

Why do all the right wingers love to talk about mental health being the cause- yet it is the republicans who keep pulling all mental health funding and shutting down mental health clinics? Not to mention Trump circumventing obamacare resulting in the crazy people being unable to afford the meds. Stop voting for people you think are solving the issue when theyre doing the opposite??

Simple .

Do away with the 2nd amendment.

Make all private gun ownership illegal.

But to enforce that we need to get rid of the 4th amendment also.

Police can stop and frisk anyone any time and this would include your home, your car or any place. This way they could find any guns.

It's not to much to ask to save the life of even one child.

I don't have all the answers but..

It starts with over sensationalized media.
I was going to say, getting rid of social media would be a good start. Along with putting half of these kids on medication because they behave like kids.

Background checks. No sales to anyone under 21. Waiting day periods.
Insurance policies on home weapons so dickhead parents aren't so casual about leaving their weapons around the house or letting their retarded kids play with them.

I would try the Australian model after Port Arthur. Turn guns into a serious responsibility that requires a LOT of fucking around, time and money to own legally. Get them out of the hands some of the shit tier and changes the mindset from treating them like buying a new Xbox game cause your bored into a serious tool that carry's a ton of responsibility that most people would deem not worth it. But you would also have to quadruple the size of your prisons for a long time and send the military through every now and then to clean out the gutters and get rid of the residual remainders of gun crime mentality.

Other than that? Enjoy your gun crime.

Fix our culture.

Guns aren't the problem - therefore cannot be part of the solution. My father and grandfather used to bring guns to school and they never had to worry about these shootings. Something changed in the last couple of generations.

I don't think it's foaming at the mouth to suggest that registered gun owners that fight back run an extremely high risk of being shot by first responders

99% of the problem is fixed with one simple little stroke of the pen...

Anyone on mood altering prescription drugs is banned from owning a firearm.

Done and done. Most of the issue goes away immediately.
I agree, but shouldnt the emphasis be on why so many people are on mood altering drugs and why there so freely available

I don't know what kind of gun control will prevent mass shootings but I do know what kind of gun control will allow me as an individual to protect myself in the event I am caught in the middle of a mass shooting. That being I am allowed to carry a gun on me.

No need to rationalize and exaggerate. Just grab your tiny balls and admit that the bullet-splattered brains of the children don't bother you enough to do anything about it. No more pussyfooting.

Back