What to make of fashion trend: pants tucked inside socks

Didn't even know this is a trend now. I remember doing it a few times a few years back but it had a utilitarian reason , just can't recal what the utilitarian reason was.

GolfFashionJ-e1354287083678.jpg

It was a trendy things with some golfers many decades ago. Payne Stewart was famous for doing it ; he passed away a few years back.

Not even close to the dumbest fashion trend I've seen. At least this one is nominally practical.

I am so far from a fashion guru it is not funny, but as an engineer I find this quite functional.

I approve this trend.

Beauty/fashion is also a function.

Aesthetics and function have always been desired in all things, from rockets to rhetoric, from poetry to pyramids. Its when they come together in harmony, symmetry, rhythm etc... that we give them timelessness. This is just a stupid trend for the plebs to distract themselves with, and to make an economy where one hadn't existed previously.

Scraping the creative barrel.

I didn't even know this was a thing now.

I'll stick to distressed jeans, over the boot.

I wear my underpants tucked into my socks. My god the look of envy from people when they see me.

not surprised. everyone has wanted to be a ninja at some point in their life.

This is something teenage girls did in the late 80s/early 90s.

Every "fashion" comes around again every 20 or 30 years. I've seen pictures from the 1890s that look like those golfers.

Didn't even know this is a trend now. I remember doing it a few times a few years back but it had a utilitarian reason , just can't recal what the utilitarian reason was.
I think it was inspired by baseball. Perhaps for running and so that there is no mistake your foot was touching that thing in baseball called a base.

I used to get manicures. I felt it was the sign of a gentleman.

I think it was inspired by baseball. Perhaps for running and so that there is no mistake your foot was touching that thing in baseball called a base.
I know I did it either for shoveling snow or when pressure washing something . Far too many times my pant legs get waterlogged when I am working in an area with standing water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back