What to do when mfuckers...

fluskacio

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Slice their forearm into my neck, specially heavy guys that see that they can't pass the guard of the new guy (me), and they do such a dick move...

It's not a dick move to attack the neck. While you shouldn't be getting tapped out when having someone in your guard, it is physically possible to be choked / strangled from there. You should be using your hip movement to keep them off you in this scenario. And if you can't escape it, then tap.

What the previous answers have said are correct: hip movement and try for armbar. You mentioned them being big guys so I imagine you are dealing with lots of pressure and huge discomfort. Do your best to get your feet on his hips, that way you can control distance and keep his arm from your throat. If he is adamant of forearm smashing, he is going to have his arm overextended without his weight on you, and if he stands up, his weight will be off you.

Hope this helps

In guard you can shake him with your hips

You can also push on his elbow if he's not centered (combine it with the hips shaking to make him off balanced) and go to side guard / back take

I mostly do it with the reverse kimura grip

But I don't think it's dick move, depends on the gym, I used to moan about it, but after being ''knee on the throated'', it became very standard.

And the more they are agressive, the more it helps you to do that technique.

Also, in the gi, you also have to realise that he basically gives you a sleeve grip in your guard

Attack the arm, or pop the elbow through and go for the armtriangle.

If it's forearm I would push my neck into it and push behind his elbow while pulling my head away from it. His arm will now be fully across your body and it's back take time. Obv can't wait til you are being choked to push into the forearm. Do it right when they place it, it buys you more space to pull away from it as you shift your hips and push on the elbow.

Realize Bjj is a combat sport and not cry and call your teammates motherfuckers. The problem with getting tough is it hurts alot

Slice their forearm into my neck, specially heavy guys that see that they can't pass the guard of the new guy (me), and they do such a dick move...

I consider every moment I’m *not* driving my forearm into my opponent’s neck to be a failure.

#justbjjgoals

Its not a dick move. Your Jiu Jitsu Sucks. If you're going to cry when someone smashes you then you should look into Karate maybe.

-Grow up
-Learn to deal with being uncomfortable
-Learn that a partner being “physical” in a roll isnt him being a meanie
-train and adjust so you don’t get stuck there using resources provided here and by your coach

I came from reddit to avoid this. Where do I go once it takes SD over? Maybe we can start a pen pal system or congregate in town hall.

With that said I was rolling with a dude this weekend who went full muay thai on me. Elbowed and kneed me hard to establish side control and now I am concussed. On the one hand I feel like I should learn to protect myself against elbows and knees when on bottom of side control but I also feel like this is reaching the limit of what kind of damage I should be expected to tolerate in a grappling context. I am ambivalent.

I find armbars to be hard from that position. Hip up to create room and when you bring your hips down pull his wrist and push his elbow to the side. This puts you in a great spot to do a Roger style backtake.

And like everyone else said, what you described is not a dick move. Jiu jitsu is about making people uncomfortable, controlled pressure on any part of your body other than your eyes and ween is not only fair game, but encouraged.

I came from reddit to avoid this. Where do I go once it takes SD over? Maybe we can start a pen pal system or congregate in town hall.

With that said I was rolling with a dude this weekend who went full muay thai on me. Elbowed and kneed me hard to establish side control and now I am concussed. On the one hand I feel like I should learn to protect myself against elbows and knees when on bottom of side control but I also feel like this is reaching the limit of what kind of damage I should be expected to tolerate in a grappling context. I am ambivalent.

Did you talk to this guy? Did you talk to your coach?
Elbows and knees are excessive.
Arm across the throat, not so much.

Did you talk to this guy? Did you talk to your coach?
Elbows and knees are excessive.
Arm across the throat, not so much.

I did not speak to the guy as sometimes elbows happen - then I got kneed but I still chose not to speak to him as he is a visitor I am unlikely to see again. The knee hit was hard but I dismissed it to not make him feel bad. In hindsight he was being reckless (I did not know at the time he was a brown belt) and I would have said something if I had known there was enough force to concuss me.

I told my coach I was concussed. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your second question?

I try to roll intelligently with people if I know are dangerous. Typically they are very strong in a particular position so I can do my best to avoid their strong suit. If it's my first time, however, I still have to find out the hard way where they can be dangerous.

I guess the moral of the lesson is to be cautious at all times.

Last edited:
Back