What to do when mfuckers...

Omaplata. I get the sub, or the sweep (usually the sweep) almost every time.

jiu jitsu is all about making the opponent unconfortable too.

why dont you start training your neck, huh?

the other day a guy got me on a triangle. It was not tight enough so he cranked my head/neck strong enough to cause an acident. That is a dick move. Forearm to the neck is not.

I did not speak to the guy as sometimes elbows happen - then I got kneed but I still chose not to speak to him as he is a visitor I am unlikely to see again. The knee hit was hard but I dismissed it to not make him feel bad. In hindsight he was being reckless (I did not know at the time he was a brown belt) and I would have said something if I had known there was enough force to concuss me.

I told my coach I was concussed. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your second question?

I try to roll intelligently with people if I know are dangerous. Typically they are very strong in a particular position so I can do my best to avoid their strong suit. If it's my first time, however, I still have to find out the hard way where they can be dangerous.

I guess the moral of the lesson is to be cautious at all times.

Dude. If you got kneed hard enough to be concussed, there is no way the average person would let it slide. Nothing personal but I'm not buying your story.

The Second part was referring to the OP's original post.

Slice their forearm into my neck, specially heavy guys that see that they can't pass the guard of the new guy (me), and they do such a dick move...
Lol. In the early 00’s guys would put their elbows in their eye along with it in your neck. The neck pressure really isn’t that bad unless your some kind of pussy.

Just push the arm across your body while moving your hips the opposite way. Take the back.

Slice their forearm into my neck, specially heavy guys that see that they can't pass the guard of the new guy (me), and they do such a dick move...
Chewjitsu talks about this.....

Havn't watched the whole thing but....essentially take their back or set up an arm triangle to roll him and submit him. This has happened to me before when sparring with a big strong dude. He knew zero about grappling but he was strong enough to cause problems and get top position. I think the key is to relax. Although it's kind of hard to relax when a strong dude is on top of your choking you with his forearm. Use your guard and your hands to push his hips back and shove the arm across and hug with your head.

In guard you can shake him with your hips

You can also push on his elbow if he's not centered (combine it with the hips shaking to make him off balanced) and go to side guard / back take

I mostly do it with the reverse kimura grip

But I don't think it's dick move, depends on the gym, I used to moan about it, but after being ''knee on the throated'', it became very standard.

And the more they are agressive, the more it helps you to do that technique.

Also, in the gi, you also have to realise that he basically gives you a sleeve grip in your guard
form what I've read it kind of is a dick move, but that's irrelevant because it is legal. But from an offensive stand point that's a bad technique that can get you in trouble. So if somebody is doing that they prob don't understand bjj etiquette and/or don't know what they are doing.

By etiquette I mean cheap stuff like hair pulling, eye gouging, nut grabbing, biting, small joint manipulation...etc.

form what I've read it kind of is a dick move, but that's irrelevant because it is legal. But from an offensive stand point that's a bad technique that can get you in trouble. So if somebody is doing that they prob don't understand bjj etiquette and/or don't know what they are doing.

By etiquette I mean cheap stuff like hair pulling, eye gouging, nut grabbing, biting, small joint manipulation...etc.

I don't agree with you, it's in the same category as knee on the belly, knee on the neck, wrist locks, head locks it's for trying to dominate or to put pressure. I'm ok with it.

Eye gouging, nut grabbing, biting, small joint manipulation is for hurting people when you can't get a real sub.

But I agree on the fact that forearm on the throat in the guard or half guard is a bad technique, you try a useless move, instead of getting a real grip, keeping a post or doing something relevant

forearm in the throat is a staple for top position without a gi especially in mount when guys are being stubborn in prayer position it will make them move

I don't agree with you, it's in the same category as knee on the belly, knee on the neck, wrist locks, head locks it's for trying to dominate or to put pressure. I'm ok with it.

Eye gouging, nut grabbing, biting, small joint manipulation is for hurting people when you can't get a real sub.

But I agree on the fact that forearm on the throat in the guard or half guard is a bad technique, you try a useless move, instead of getting a real grip, keeping a post or doing something relevant
Well I didn't really say I'm not ok with it either bc ultimately it's legal and we have to deal with it. I'm wondering if most good grapplers just view it as an ineffective technique (in terms of actually submitting an opponent) and so they conclude that their opponent is doing it just to be a dick bc why else would they do it unless they just don't know what they are doing? Doesn't mean they are the scum of the earth tho.

Back