What the @##@: Dogs boiled alive before consumption due to belief suffering makes meat taste better

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
In Vietnam dogs are boiled alive before being eaten, because it is believed suffering makes the meat taste better.

How the eff can anyone come up with this thinking? I mean I know people all over the world have superstitions but it baffles me that anyone could rationalize that suffering = adrenaline = better tasting meat.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5548781/Dogs-filmed-crammed-truck-way-slaughter-Vietnam.html

Mr Brown said: 'In Vietnam, it's believed eating tough meat makes a tough man.

'Many think dog meat boosts a man's libido, helps their joints and even cures illness. But none of this is scientifically proven.

'The preference is for tough meat, it's like the opposite of meat eaten in the West.

So they think by terrifying the dogs, they flood them with adrenaline and make the meat tastier.'

Reports suggest an estimated five million dogs - many snatched from homes - are eaten annually, with Hanoi serving as the most lucrative market.

--
Aren't they supposed to be majority Buddhist? Why aren't monks protesting this inhumane treatment.

Different culture. Hard to judge.

Asia is fucked up.

Edit: So is everywhere, but their(Asia) beliefs about animal cruelty are astoundingly barbaric.

Last edited:
Poor dogs :( this is barbaric. A dog is a wonderful animal that brings joy and companionship, and to read that they are killed in such a horrific manner is heart breaking.

Talk about your fucked up superstitions. That's crazy.

Shitholes gonna shithole

Shitholes filled with savages.

But perhaps they think the same of us.

Still, from my perspective, fuck them.

Taste is subjective.
Yes I know, but the idea that more adrenaline = better tasting meat does not seem logical. I have not heard of any scientific article that claims adrenaline released by a soon to die animal alters the taste of said animal's flesh.

Dude, if someone was gonna eat you, would you really be that much angrier if they boiled you alive before eating you? Or would you be mainly angry at them for killing you and eating you?

You kill animals. You eat animals. You commit 99% of the crime and you're angry at the Asians for going 1% more.. Get real dude. You're just as bad.

cookinglobster6.jpg

Because dogs are no human in order to be inhumane.

Do you enjoy lobster and crabs?
I don't eat either. Never had lobster ever. Only tried crab once or maybe twice when I was a little kid, and I do recall the crab was already dead when dad bought it at the fishmonger.

In the case of lobster I think the logic is that the meat goes bad very quickly after it is killed.

I remember watching a doc. where they dunked live cats in boiling water to remove the fur then threw them in cold water. It was horrible.

I've never liked tough meat no matter what it is. So purposefully making it that way is strange. And then you learn how they do it and it's a thousand times worse. Terrible stuff.

Thats very messed up and fuck those old timer mentality believing shit would cure cancer or help their libido. I guess they have to make the best pho

Dude, if someone was gonna eat you, would you really be that much angrier if they boiled you alive before eating you? Or would you be mainly angry at them for killing you and eating you?

You kill animals. You eat animals. You commit 99% of the crime and you're angry at the Asians for going 1% more.. Get real dude. You're just as bad.

cookinglobster6.jpg

Stupid false equivalency comparison. You realize that people boil lobsters alive because they think lobsters can't feel pain. In this case, the people are boiling the dogs alive precisely because they believe the dogs CAN feel pain, which makes the meat taste better.

It matters a whole lot if the animal suffers when it is killed. If you were going to die, would you rather die very quickly or slowly in a gruesome torturous way. Don't answer because anyone who claims it makes no difference is full of it.

And what's with the "Asian" comment; since when did Vietnam become synonymous with Asians. And where in the OP does it blame all Vietnamese

Dogs loyalty desrves more respect. Some of those people might be hungry, however. Like, for real.

It's so stupid and offensive it's almost funny.

It deeply disturbs me...just the part they don't at least humanely kill them first before boiling. Really bugs me to hear that and I used to work at a slaughter house

Back