What the @##@: Dogs boiled alive before consumption due to belief suffering makes meat taste better

Only difference is most people are indifferent to animals suffering in farms

I’ve been vegetarian for 7 years and went vegan 6 months ago. Could never see myself eating meat again

Not all farms are like that. My sister in law breeds lamb and sheep for meat (and wool also I think).

The animals are outside all the time, wondering around in fields, bushes, etc. Sometimes she runs out of green on her land so she takes all the sheeps far away to go eat somewhere else and bring them back.

I can assure you that these things have a better life than most pets and certainly see more sunlight and breathe more fresh air than most fat ass Murrcans.

The lesson here is that not all farming is bad.

Dude, if someone was gonna eat you, would you really be that much angrier if they boiled you alive before eating you? Or would you be mainly angry at them for killing you and eating you?

You kill animals. You eat animals. You commit 99% of the crime and you're angry at the Asians for going 1% more.. Get real dude. You're just as bad.

cookinglobster6.jpg
Yes death would happen either way, but it should be obvious that a quick death like beheading or shooting me in the head would be way better than being boiled alive. If they asked me "boiled " or "bullet", obviously im taking the bullet lol. And yeah, humans are all guilty as far as im concerned since we are all human KIND

Wow it usually takes alot to hit me but this is pretty savage poor dogs. Can't lie tho, I'm curious if anyone on these boards has ever tried dog in one of these foreign countries. :eek:

ill give you that. I have no idea how long you can still be aware after that. Okay......id rather be shot five times in the head(to make sure) rather than boiled alive. Anything hot makes me recoil in terror. I almost got a job in a pizza parlor when I was a teenager but turned it down cause I used to have this recurring dream that I worked in a pizza parlor and some fools robbed the joint and stuck me in the pizza oven for fun lol. Crazy i know.

Anyone criticizing is racist.- hipsters.

Oh wait....!!!!

*silence* -hipsters

IIRC part of Hillary's platform was to reform farm conditions. It has political capital. Just need the right people in office.

In a country of 320+ million, and one that consumes a lot of food per person (relative to poor countries) there is always going to be some cases of abuse. The point is whether the abuse is sanctioned by the government and society. Nail salons are especially notorious for human trafficking, with most being operated by recent immigrants. This doesn't mean the average American or society condones the practice.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/phillip-martin/nail-salons-and-human-tra_b_669076.html
Agreed. I would go further and propose laws that try to prevent it with harsh penalties, but I'm with you here.

Not all farms are like that. My sister in law breeds lamb and sheep for meat (and wool also I think).

The animals are outside all the time, wondering around in fields, bushes, etc. Sometimes she runs out of green on her land so she takes all the sheeps far away to go eat somewhere else and bring them back.

I can assure you that these things have a better life than most pets and certainly see more sunlight and breathe more fresh air than most fat ass Murrcans.

The lesson here is that not all farming is bad.
Percentages, though

The US has humane laws on how animals can be killed and treated in slaughter houses. They have to be stunned first, or in the case of chickens their throat slit, but a tiny % escape the slitting knife and are scalded alive. Some slaughterhouses not following acceptable and legal practice is not the same as society accepting the intentional and deliberate suffering of animals before slaughter. There's cases of human trafficking in the US too, but it is not condoned by society or the government, yet some people do it. So do you think that makes the US comparable to a country like the UAE or Saudi Arabia where it is acceptable legal and societal practice to engage in indentured servitude.

Even the slaughterhouses that are following the rules will have "accidents", because it is an automated process designed to reduce cost and increase efficiency. We can make the % practically 0, but it would mean an increase in costs. However, we don't, because Americans don't care or don't know, which is why I say that these animals are boiled alive out of ignorance. From the point of view of the animal, would it care that you boiled it alive out of ignorance or out of maliciousness? I think not. We're not "accidentally" boiling animals alive, we know that a small % of them will escape the kill process, yet we continue to process poultry this way.

Let's not get caught too much on % of failure. It's 1 million chickens and turkeys that are boiled alive each year in the US. Comparatively, 5 million dogs get eat in Vietnam each year. What if 1.9% of aircraft passengers die in a crash each year?

Different culture. Hard to judge.
Shitholes gonna shithole
Shitholes filled with savages.
When's the last time someone walked into a Vietnamese school and mowed down a couple dozen classmates with an AR-15?
Sigh .... factory farms are torture , we are in no moral position to Lord over anyone on animal treatment
That's different.

That's our savagery. Duh.

Agreed. I would go further and propose laws that try to prevent it with harsh penalties, but I'm with you here.
Yeah I am certainly in favor of more and harsher penalties for meta packers and farmers who violate the law. We need way more inspectors and inspections. The government should require CCTV coverage for all large factory farms, that is directly uploaded to gov. servers.

Yeah I am certainly in favor of more and harsher penalties for meta packers and farmers who violate the law. We need way more inspectors and inspections. The government should require CCTV coverage for all large factory farms, that is directly uploaded to gov. servers.
And repeal laws that prevent people from showing the process!

Even the slaughterhouses that are following the rules will have "accidents", because it is an automated process designed to reduce cost and increase efficiency. We can make the % practically 0, but it would mean an increase in costs. However, we don't, because Americans don't care or don't know, which is why I say that these animals are boiled alive out of ignorance. From the point of view of the animal, would it care that you boiled it alive out of ignorance or out of maliciousness? I think not. We're not "accidentally" boiling animals alive, we know that a small % of them will escape the kill process, yet we continue to process poultry this way.

Let's not get caught too much on % of failure. It's 1 million chickens and turkeys that are boiled alive each year in the US. Comparatively, 5 million dogs get eat in Vietnam each year. What if 1.9% of aircraft passengers die in a crash each year?
We can increase profit by taking away safeguards and doing away with laws requiring humane treatment, but we don't because our society wants animals to be killed as humanely as possible.

Ofcourse you are going to have a small % that does not follow legal procedure, considering the amount of livestock raised and meat processed in the US. Nothing is going to be 100%. Now this doesn't mean we go complacent and don't strive for better results. The point is there are real attempts and laws in place to ensure humane slaughter, but a fraction will always fall through the cracks.

you should be educated on the topic.
Taking babies away from moms immediately upon birth is the standard
Not being allowed outside, ever is the standard
castration, dehorning, and other surgeries done without anaesthetics. the standard.
Theres much more. Our governments in NAmerica do not require any form of ‘humanity’.
kids yapping, annoying wife... someone get this guy to watch a vid or two! k, thanks

And you think it is different in factory farms elsewhere? With livestock raising on an industrial scale, cooping up animals inside and separating mothers from young is a given. But how does that compare to boiling animals alive. You know there is such a thing as degrees of suffering and pain.

We can increase profit by taking away safeguards and doing away with laws requiring humane treatment, but we don't because our society wants animals to be killed as humanely as possible.

Ofcourse you are going to have a small % that does not follow legal procedure, considering the amount of livestock raised and meat processed in the US. Nothing is going to be 100%. Now this doesn't mean we go complacent and don't strive for better results. The point is there are real attempts and laws in place to ensure humane slaughter, but a fraction will always fall through the cracks.

Not true man. If we really wanted 100%, we can make it, we can most certainly improve upon the 1.9% failure rate. In terms of factory efficiency, 1.9% is horrid. The industrial standard for manufacturing is something called six-sigma, which is a 0.00034% defect rate.

Without digging into the precise mechanics of a chicken slaughter house and how to improve upon it. What if we sold you a live chicken like some 3rd world countries and you kill it yourself? You wouldn't throw a flapping chicken into boiling water right? It would certainly change the dynamics of how food is sold and eaten, but justified in the name of humanely slaughtering animals. That is, if you have that as a priority.

Thls happens in China as well. Dogs (some being pets stolen from homes) are beaten to death for the same reason. Indonesia doesn't treat dogs any better either.

Back