What temperature do you keep your house? (Home climate brags, GTFIH)

78 in summer (I live in Mojave Desert, even w/ that I have 400+ bills in the summer)
68 in the winter if heat needs to come on

After recently having this conversation at work, I found myself the only one who likes their house kept at a reasonable temperature.

The rest of my team hovered around 70 - 72, where I need a cool 65 - 67 in order to not die of heat exhaustion.

Additionally, at night I need the house at 60 in order to get a good nights rest. Which is great in the winter because I just keep a few windows open to cool down.

So what say you, Sherbros?
I'm with you. I keep it at 65 in the summer and 60 in the winter and let it drop to 50 at night for sleeping.

Where do you guys live. My ac would never turn off and the electric bill would be like $1000 a month to do this in the summer.

Where do you guys live. My ac would never turn off and the electric bill would be like $1000 a month to do this in the summer.

I live in NJ. This summer most days averaged 82 - 85.

I couldn't EVER live in a house that was above 70.

I recently stayed over my in-laws and it was 72 in their house and I didn't sleep a wink.

I'm single so there's no temp fighting in my house and I live in Arizona.

I turn the ac off when I'm at work basically from 8am - 7pm but with my new Windows the inside never got over 94 degrees even when it was 120 outside. When I get home i get naked and turn the AC to 85 and when sleeping 78 with a fan on me. Unless I have company then 72.

For winter I just bundle up. Socks sweat pants and hoodie while playing video games. I sleep with extra blankets. I only turn the heat on for parties when people stay the night but I don't remember the winter temp. Probably 70's still.

My electricity bill never goes over $1000 for the whole year. I think it may have when I had 3 people live with me for 6 months. Life is good.

ambient: cooled to 75 or heated to 67.

not home: cooled to 80

sleeping: cooled to 71, heated to 67

I live in NJ. This summer most days averaged 82 - 85.

I couldn't EVER live in a house that was above 70.

I recently stayed over my in-laws and it was 72 in their house and I didn't sleep a wink.

I think it's probably all about acclimation.

If you went outside here in the summer (110+), 79 feels cool with a fan.

65 is a little ridiculous, 60 even more so. do you live at home by any chance? most people arent going to destroy their hydro bill for that.

my preferences change with the weather. in the winter ill take 72-73 in the house, in the summer ill take 70

at night i find 70 to be good

38 degrees

giphy.gif

<3>

65 most the year, 70 in colder months
I’d like it 75 but I don’t like to spend money when I can bundle up
If it’s too hot I go in the pool

68-70, anything hotter gets uncomfortable. It's even colder in the basement where I sleep. Don't know how anyone can tolerate close to 80, I thought only old people did that shit.

68 degrees for both summer and winter.

76 in winter. Got my own gas well, I'll burn what I want. I don't like having to wear clothes to stay warm in my house.

A/C shit itself a few years ago and I still haven't replaced it, so summer temps get a bit high.
So do you have a line running from the BOP to your house?

After recently having this conversation at work, I found myself the only one who likes their house kept at a reasonable temperature.

The rest of my team hovered around 70 - 72, where I need a cool 65 - 67 in order to not die of heat exhaustion.

Additionally, at night I need the house at 60 in order to get a good nights rest. Which is great in the winter because I just keep a few windows open to cool down.

So what say you, Sherbros?
Same but my condo is often around 50 by morning after a cool night. Even on the coldest northern canadian winter nights my bedroom windows are wide open and many times my patio door as well.

Back