What temperature do you keep your house? (Home climate brags, GTFIH)

Rob Battisti

HR for HR
@Steel
Reaction score
After recently having this conversation at work, I found myself the only one who likes their house kept at a reasonable temperature.

The rest of my team hovered around 70 - 72, where I need a cool 65 - 67 in order to not die of heat exhaustion.

Additionally, at night I need the house at 60 in order to get a good nights rest. Which is great in the winter because I just keep a few windows open to cool down.

So what say you, Sherbros?

maxresdefault.jpg

Some like it hot so let's turn up the heat 'til we fry.

Last edited:
I live in AZ. I usually keep it at 74 in the summer. Keeping it below 70 here basically makes your AC work non stop and your power bill shoot through the roof.

Gone-with-the-wind-fan-scene.gif

Between 71-72 degrees at home. 72 degrees at work.

After recently having this conversation at work, I found myself the only one who likes their house kept at a reasonable temperature.

The rest of my team hovered around 70 - 72, where I need a cool 65 - 67 in order to not die of heat exhaustion.

Additionally, at night I need the house at 60 in order to get a good nights rest. Which is great in the winter because I just keep a few windows open to cool down.

I'm with you. I keep it at 65 in the summer and 60 in the winter and let it drop to 50 at night for sleeping.

I'm the same in that i like my place cooler than normal. I keep my windows open at night as well and sometime turn a fan on if it's not breezy that night.

76 in the Summer and 77 in the winter.

I'm in a more hot part of Cali. Heat waves in the summer this year went up to as high as 110 degrees. In the day we leave it between 84-85 and close all the plantation shutters when no one is home. At night we drop the upstairs temp down to 77-78. It's comfortable with the fan on. Our house is about 2800 sq ft built in late 2013. If we dropped it to low 70s or high 60s our energy bill would probably top $400-500+ I'm guessing. I remember my cousin lived in Vegas with a crap load of people in like a 4000 sq ft house. They use to keep it in the 60s during the summer and their bill would be crack $1000 in the summer I believe. We just moved into this house in the Spring so we'll see what happens in the winter.

Jesus christ, these are a lot lower numbers than I was thinking.

78F during hot weather; my ceiling fans are of inordinate blade length and power, so they cool me well enough. I just turn it off when I leave.

79F during the warmer times of the year. 70F during the cooler months.

Summer
79 during the day and 74 at night

Winter
Like 64-68, no ac or heat.

Last edited:
To train your spirit, never use heat in the winter or air-conditioning in the summer.

<{smellit?}>

I like it hot as fuck in my house. It's 13°C outside at the moment, my house is like 24°C.

76 in winter. Got my own gas well, I'll burn what I want. I don't like having to wear clothes to stay warm in my house.

A/C shit itself a few years ago and I still haven't replaced it, so summer temps get a bit high.

Back