What really caused the cut on Stricklands eye and the elbow that made it worse.

ddps poweberbombs > stricklands backpedaling defensive jabs

tf i thought this was a fight to the d3ath
after feeling the african power strickland backpedals

Yeah, video evidence is not enough these days to be convincing. There is a large contingent that believes there was nothing wrong with what the police did to George Floyd in that video. When they have that strong of a cognitive bias toward desired beliefs, they will rationalize absolutely everything toward this narrative no matter how powerful the evidence against it. Amazing.

I think @mkess101 is part of that contingent.

Exactly. This bit of reality will be hard for them to swallow. The excuses are quickly evaporating.
If this was GSP instead of Strickland, they would've give the fight to him 50-45

Been seeing a lot of misinformation spread about the cut that Sean got in round 4 from DDP. So I wanted to make a thread to clear it up. The initial cut was caused by an overhand right and what made it worse was an elbow, not the head clash.

Here's the video showing the cut was caused by an overhand right.

I think this video clearly shows the head clash was to the side of Strickland's head and the elbow is directly to his eye. As far as I can see the clash of heads caused no damage, the overhand right started the cut and the right elbow to his eye made it bleed more.

It was strikes ...

And the head collision ( not headbutt) was accidental and definitely didnt cause a cut like that ... It was the overhands and elbows..

Strickland fans and stans just panicking at home in their trailers

I honestly never even saw the headbutt until Strickland mentioned it, I thought it was the elbow that cut him. I still think the damage Stricklands jab caused to DDP was much more significant. Blood is overrated in terms of judging, but that's part of the human subconscious. "I see a guy bleeding, I assume he's losing."

Blood is overrated, so are bruises. DDP landed the heavier shots when it comes to damaging the brain.

You clearly don’t know what the difference is though.
Yes. I believe others have already said that. I'm ok with that. Thanks for noticing my comments.

The funny thing is I’ve been asking for someone to post a picture that would conclusively show whether that upwelling was a real cut or just a welt. And nobody’s done it yet.

If it’s really a cut, it should be really easy to just take a fast screenshot or picture of your computer monitor and say, look here, that’s a clear cut and not just a welt.

But I still haven’t seen anything that has convinced me it’s more than a welt. And nobody has posted a picture proving that an actual cut happened before the head butt.

So I think I’m gonna keep on feeling good about sticking with my conclusions.

Last edited:
Back