What rank would prime Miguel Torres be

Don't get the hate for Torres. Dude was a fun fighter. He looked like a world beater when he was crushing cans but he ultimately proved to be fairly average against good competition.

He was fun but his striking always looked really ropey to me which would I think be punished far more quickly today.

Well let's think of his last fights in the ufc.. he got beat by DJ by UD, lost to McDonald by KO, and beat Pace by UD. Then went to WSOF and got beat by then Champ Marlon, who is in the UFC now. He then got beat by Alfonso before leaving the WSOF and winning three fights in a row, with two of those fights against "no name" regional fighters.. winning by a UD and sub, while only getting a split Dec when he fought a named fighter in that 3 fight run. Then went to Titan FC to go back to fighting "better" opponents and lost to Desmond Green brutally, then got subbed by a regional guy by D'Arce and won his last fight by sub against another regional fighter, but that was over a yr ago and I think Miguel would be a good fight for the young prospects in the UFC to build a name and add to the resume, but he would be out the top ten for sure imo, maybe not even ranked. Plus hes at 145 fighting during his last few fights. But I would def watch him vs Rani Yahya at 135 or him vs Ryan Hall at 145, if the UFC booked it.

I don’t think many ever saw Torres in his “prime” tho. Dude was already shop worn by the time he made it to WEC. The fights against Chase, Mizugaki and Maeda were stellar for sure however.

Back