What rank would prime Miguel Torres be

tumblr_mokt010X1M1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Remember this from back in the day, nah Torres would get merkled in his prime today
I was just on Bowles's FF this morning

wonder if the guy is still in jail...

I remember when Frank Mir did commentary for WEC cards and considered Torres the best fighter in the world.

Good times.
Quick sponge bath in between rounds!

I loved watching the guy, but Brian Bowles broke his chin, that was his best defense. Peak Miguel would be a handful for anyone, I'd like to think he'd hover around the top 5, just

Bowles was a beast. After that positive test he seemed to fade into obscurity. He returned for one more fight that I recall against Faber, which ended with him being crushed.
lol I just noticed Rosenthal ref'd that fight

two birds of a feather

meth possession/intent to sell vs. weed grow op/guns

What's prime Torres? We may have have never seen him in his prime in a big org. Motherfucker had close to 30 fights before he even entered the WEC. Imagine the mileage...

Before Bowles KO'd him he beat Mizugaki, who was top 10 not to long ago, pretty handily. I see him beating some of the lesser top 10 guys, and with his ability to finish standing and on the ground he'd have at least a shot against anybody not named Garbrandt, Cruz or Dillashaw.

tumblr_mokt010X1M1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Remember this from back in the day, nah Torres would get merkled in his prime today

Good ol' Bryan Bowles, right? Good fighter. He looked like kind of like a mini-Mark Wahlberg. It's too bad he didn't learn to "just say no" to drugs. I guess he's in prison? I'm thinking he was already in with the wrong crowd and not 100% when he lost to Faber.

Torres transitional bjj was a thing of beauty and crazy reach for a BW. He had no wrestling though and his chin disappeared after his war with Mizugaki.

I'd put him in the top 15-20. Unfortunately for him his chin wasn't the best against power punchers. He had probably the best BJJ in the divisions history but his wrestling was garbage.

I think he loses for sure to guys like TJ and Garbrandt. Power punchers like Dodson and Lineker would also be a problem for him because his chin is weak.

you watch his fight with..MM...he won..BS dec ...i say 2 to 4

Good ol' Bryan Bowles, right? Good fighter. He looked like kind of like a mini-Mark Wahlberg. It's too bad he didn't learn to "just say no" to drugs. I guess he's in prison? I'm thinking he was already in with the wrong crowd and not 100% when he lost to Faber.

Mini? They're basically the same size. Bowles is 5'7", Marky Mark is 5'8".

Top 5 dead or alive.

Brian Bowles cracked his chin - he used to be a really aggressive fighter before that fight. That KO changed him.

We'll never know thanks to that damn Rape Van...
<{hughesimpress}>

Flyweight champ as he should have gotten the nod over Mighty Mouse.

But in all seriousness 10-15, the guy was a stud in his prime before he lost his chin to Bowles.

He declined and started losing around 9 or 10 years into his career which is pretty normal for all great fighters.

Do you mean Miguel Torres with the skillset he had in his prime or a prime Miguel Torres who was able to live 10 years later? This makes quite a difference since training methods and fight strategy etc. have evolved quite a lot.

Honestly I don't think that's true. Dan Henderson in his prime would still completely annihilate most competition outside the top three. At middleweight and light heavyweight. And maybe even a couple heavy weights. He does have two wins against two of the best of all time in that division.

Although Dan might not be a good example. Come to think of it he had a very specialized skill set using his amateur wrestling with the touch of death In his right hand. I don't care what generation you are from if you get hit by that you are having a very bad day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back