What names should the PFL sign for next season?

Calling me a typical UFC Fanatic is hilarious downright hysterical......do a quick check of my posts lmfao I'm a Bellator fanatic if anything.since you have a huge wall of text I'll do this point by point.

1)"The UFC free agents are not worth every penny because look at Bellator's falling ratings. 11 of 13 shows this year under 500,000 average live viewers."

Apparently you live under a rock and don't realize the viewership in mma is down across the board.The leading brand in mma the UFC has seen multiple record low viewerships for free events and have seen record low PPV buys.The free agents like Rory,mousasi,meathead,bader,etc are worth every penny there is no smart argument otherwise.They bring an immediate talent barometer that is visible to fans and elevates the talent level of the brand.The falling ratings are COMPLETELY to do with the overall drop in viewers in the sport it's absolutely obvious to anyone with eyes.

2)"The tournament format apparently didn't get old with Bellator under Bjorn Rebney because it grew and grew. From MTV2, to ShowTime to Spike Network, now Paramount, the ratings kept increasing was the reason for the growth and Bjorn Rebney did it with Bellator for 6 years. And he didn't rely on UFC free agents and past their prime ex-UFC fighters to build his company, no, he let the fighters build themselves and the company."

The tourney was fine for a few years it gave them a unique identity and produced stars but it did get old and began to undermine itself overtime.Champions complained about being shelved way too long waiting for challengers, fact Cole Konrad retired because of inactivity.No free agents wanted to sign the best they could get was Rampage and Tito which destroys your lie that he never used ex ufc fighters....he tried to base his PPV around them 2× lmfao.The quality of fighters went down as time went on and you seen a big amount of champions and stars leave to the ufc.Bellator was never on Showtime lmfao.......

They started on ESPN deportes,fox sports net,telemundo,and NBC.....then they moved to MTV2 then SPIKE which is now PARAMOUNT.They had steady ratings that were good on Viacom but he had no vision for expansion and all the lingering problems with tourney format were too much.Coker came in and had better ratings,profits,everything for the first 2 years allowing Viacom to give him more money for free agents and growing internationally. Before Coker the only place outside the US bellator went to was canada.Bjorn didn't even have a working relationship with Kevin Kay within the first 3 months Coker had Kevin doing the production for Bellator something that should have been done years ago.Coker has acquired multitudes of broadcasting deals across the world and maintained a solid product through these downtimes in viewership.

2)"Ratings in One Championship is huge, ratings in RIZIN FC are huge, Cage Warriors ratings are great, BAMMA'S ratings are solid, but Bellator's are awful."

One is completely held in one area of the world and are barely viewed by the majority of MMA fans outside of that small area.Rizin #s are hit and miss and much like ONE Numbers are inflated just by regional audiences. Cage warriors and BAMMA are regional orgs with no big leagues in town. BAMMA copromotes with bellator every time they are in town happily because they do the best numbers for the year with these shows......BAMMAis Bellators feeder league and we shall see how Bellators UK &IRELAND ratings are.Are you honestly arguing that the downturn in viewership numbers in the #1 market for mma in the 2 biggest orgs in MMA are unrelated to the markets downturn and your proof is saying regional orgs in lesser niche markets are doing OK numbers? That's some serious grasping at straws like actual clinical insanity.

4)"They're going back tofeaturing tournaments. If New Coke was so successful, there never would have been a need to go back to old Coca-Cola, called Classic Coke, which is now regular Coca-Cola."

Coker has ALWAYS been holding tournaments started in STRIKEFORCE but like when he took over bellator he did them when they matter.Instead of nonstop monotony of tourneys he does them big and when it means something.From the one night LHW tourney,to the HW GP to decide a HW champ,To the unique WW tourney having Rory defend every fight and featuring world class WW talent......ill take these over a few months of randoms.

Coker and his vision landed the biggest moneymaking contract in Bellators history securing hundreds of millions of dollars for 3 years with an option to renew up to 5.

Haters gonna hate......the grass is always greener right????

War coker
I agree with everything. You destroyed his basic arguments.

I agree with everything. You destroyed his basic arguments.

Yeah the guy is absolutely nutty haha.

I love shutting down idiots especially pertaining to bellator good to see my work not going unnoticed.

The regular season is about to come to a close and the playoffs kickoff in October. Starting small with the roster turned out to be a good idea. Their biggest names are currently ex-UFC mid carders, former Bellator champions, and remnants from the WSOF. It's a good mix of vets and newer fighters. However, they might need some bigger names in order to attract the attention they want.

Michael Chandler - Already kind ashot down the idea for fighting in the PFL. But maybe seeing the tournament winners get their money would change his mind? I'm not sure he would be able to win a tournament seeing as how he's 0-2 against Will Brooks.

Frank Mir - Had a one fight deal with Bellator. Could be good for ratings and could also win a million dollars. The heavyweight division in the PFL isn't that deep.

Vitor Belfort - If they want TRT-tor, they would have to schedule a good portion of their shows on Indian reservations. LHW and MW are probably the PFL's weakest weight classes. Vee-tore would have a decent shot at winning 1M, even in his deflated state. He would probably be expensive though.

Johny Hendricks - Retired but whatever. I'm not sure if he would be able to win the MW tournament. He'd probably be used as an old fighter for younger guys to make a name off of, Travis Browne style. Probably wouldn't be as nearly as expensive as Mir, Chandler, or Vitor though.

Erick Silva - He recently fought for the feeder league, LFA. Might as well be a free agent. I can't see him winning 1M though. The welterweight division in PFL is their toughest IMO.

Kendall Grove - I believe he's a free agent in MMA. Not sure if his bare knuckle thing extends to that. As far as how he would do, same as Johny Hendricks.

Sage Northcutt - I believe he becomes a free agent in a couple of months? Anywho, he could potentially be good for ratings, but who knows? I don't think he would win 1M at either LW or WW.
Sage is quietly about to re-sign in the UFC for Anderson Silva money.

Anyone who wants to try and win some money.

GUys who are released from UFC or Bellator, vets. Someone like Erick Silva, Tibau come to mind.

Think UFC just cut Tom Lawlor. Those are the types PFL goes after.

Yeah the guy is absolutely nutty haha.

I love shutting down idiots especially pertaining to bellator good to see my work not going unnoticed.

Yea, not worth your time though. Same person was trying to argue that Coker refused to let Lashley fight anyone tough, even when Lashley told him he was leaving back for wrestling if he wouldn't.

So yea argueing with someone who thinks that Bellator purposely let a mini cash cow walk away from the Org over that fighter potentially suffering a loss is someone not able to think critically. Or he is a great troll, i'm not sure of which.

Russians man, keep getting in that Eastern Block market, get some of the guys back over that Bellator disposed of

Typical UFC Fanatics throwing out names of ex-UFC fighters like getting ex-UFC fighters are some sort of ratings draw. News Flash, they're not. Just look at Bellator's tumbling ratings with all of their ex-UFC fighters. Bjorn Rebney had it right, build your own stars and build your own fan base. The PFL is doing it right, build their own stars, like Kevin Tiller, Andre Harrison, Lance Palmer, Kayla Harrison, Natan Schulte, and others. One name I would love to see the PFL bring in is heavyweight Bobby Brents. It would be nice to see him get a fair shake so late in his career. But names like Pam Sorenson, Cindy Dandois, Sarah Patterson, Bobbi Jo Dalziel at Featherweight and Carina Damm at Flyweight and tested for the 2019 season. Build them up, give them exposure, and let them fight.

Thank you!! If a leauge does sign ex UFC at least use them to build their own home grown stars. That's why I laugh at these leagues, they spend big money to tell you, we're the JV leauge of mma

Thank you!! If a leauge does sign ex UFC at least use them to build their own home grown stars. That's why I laugh at these leagues, they spend big money to tell you, we're the JV leauge of mma
Jake Shields pretty much worked out perfectly. They put him in the main event and he lost, giving Ray Cooper a boost to have made him worthwhile. Now a demotion is fine as he may not even make the playoffs.

I think there is a inbetween. I agree building its own stars is important, but also think the names have helped give the PFL tournament credibility as well as helped build new fighters like Ray Cooper (by beating Shields) and Kevin Tiller (by beating Rosholt). Not sure I would have personally given PFL a shot if there wasin't one name I recognized to originally get me interested.
There is no somewhere in between.

hendricks is retired and isnt coming back no matter what. told ariel this a few weeks ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back