What makes you a fan of a fighter you didn't like before?

I didn't like Khabib, I became his fan when he spat in McGregor's face
DpFlX1hXUAAcaBo.jpg

Somebody who comes back from adversity when there seems to be little to no hope of a win. That's just the greatest thing you get to witness in this sport.

Beating a fighter I don't like or have been waiting to see lose is another.

Beating a fighter I don't like or have been waiting to see lose is another.

Well said. I think that has to be the most common reason for people to like fighters that they hated in the past.

I thought Pettis was just all show as his style was really flashy, but definitely lacked some sound boxing/kickboxing fundamentals and he himself looked way too vain with his plucked eyebrows and stylized goate But having seen how even when he is getting rasslefucked and with other adversity in fights, he always stays dangerous and even more importantly his determination to keep fighting and trying to improve even though he was going through a fairly large amount of losses since he was dethroned, has really made me appreciate him.

When i see them in real life.

Real people.
Sonnen isn't real. He trash talks just for marketing purposes. I think he is actually a pretty nice guy. I know you are a Ronda nuthugger but Ronda was actually a bitch so I can see why you like her as she really is bitchy.

Sonnen isn't real. He trash talks just for marketing purposes. I think he is actually a pretty nice guy. I know you are a Ronda nuthugger but Ronda was actually a bitch so I can see why you like her as she really is bitchy.

Honda was the realest of them all. Too real for the fragile MMA community.

I didn't like Dominick Cruz, but his humility after losing won me over, though goodwill can only last so long (Woodley is a prime example of this).

Real people.
That's hilariously ironic when you consider the following:
-Ortiz puts on an act (Bad Boy).
-Sonnen puts on an act (Bad Guy).
-Jones puts on an act (Altar Boy).
-Rousey claims it was an act...

I didn't like Dominick Cruz, but his humility after losing won me over, though goodwill can only last so long (Woodley is a prime example of this).

That's hilariously ironic when you consider the following:
-Ortiz puts on an act (Bad Boy).
-Sonnen puts on an act (Bad Guy).
-Jones puts on an act (Altar Boy).
-Rousey claims it was an act...

Do you feel like you've been lied to?

Tito made me a fan

hqdefault.jpg

Lord Chael made me a fan

SilvaSonnen3UFC117press-460x270.jpg

Jones made me a fan

70323.3.jpg

Honda made me a fan

122_ronda_rousey_vs_miesha_tate_gallery_post.0.jpg
You sound like a certified douchebag.

It has happened many times. I guess I change my mind when someone proves his skills or puts a dickhead in his place. Woodley one of the latest examples.

As in you like people that don't give a fuck about their family?
No, in that he's a true fighter. The comments he made just show that he made the mistake of having a family. Some people with certain goals in life shouldn't have children.

He needs to find a balance now that he has one though. He's no great fighter if he can't deal with distractions that HE made.

Back