What is your Favorite Kind of Wine?

What is your Favorite Kind of Wine?

• Total voters

Kaybee

Arianator Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I tend to like Bordeaux wines because they pair well with most things - probably not well with seafood but I don't generally drink wine with seafood - and a decent bottle is god-tier with happy hour food like snackmeats and cheese. Also, they are old world and not as commonly appreciated as other red wines like Cabernet and Pinot Noir, so I feel boujee AF when drinking it and introducing it to others.

Also a big fan of Chianti wines; I love red sauce dishes and nothing pairs as well with them as a nice tart Chianti.

What are your faves?

giphy.webp

What do you say we get a Mouton Cadet?
It's robust, bold, very dry.

Hazlitt 1852 Vineyard sweet wines. It gets women wet. Perfect ice cold in the summer heat.

France - st-Emilion, Pomerol, Chateauneuf du Pape
Italy- Barolo, Brunello di Montalcino
Australia - Shiraz and more Shiraz!
California - picked up an amazing Grenache in Napa last winter.

Can't say the grape matters to me so long as it's red. After that I prioritize by country.
  1. Spain
  2. Chile
  3. Argentina
  4. Italy
  5. Australia

$15-20 local(CA) cab sav

Unless Bevmo has the 5 cent sale then I'll grab a $40 bottle of something decent. Haven't gotten into the expensive wines like I have craft beer and scotch. Will at some point

I'm not overly choosey when it comes to red wine, but I'll never pass up a good Pinot Noir. I'm also partial to a nice Shiraz, Preferably from Margaret River WA.

White wine doesn't sit right with me.

no Shiraz?! you uncultured swine.

(I know you have Syrah)

I only drink Cab.

Should I start drinking Merlot too?

I love Chilean wines, particularly Carménère.

Pairs with damn near anything and it's great alone.

Different wines for different occasions.

I drink whites in the summer and reds in the winter. I tend to stick to dry wines because sweet table wine tend to be entry level junk. I also choose what I drink based on what I am eating.
But I can drink sparkling wine for just about any occasion and with any food.

Was in Spain and Portugal last month, and I am extremely jealous of how inexpensive their wines are and the cheap stuff are very drinkable. 1-2 Euros for a bottle.

Zer met her in a club down in old Soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola
C O L A cola

Not much of a wine guy anymore although I may average a few bottles a year. Used to drink Sauvignons then tapered down to Merlot as Sauvignons started to taste too bitter to me for some reason; maybe the Tannen count? I don't care that snobs crap on Merlots, I drink what I enjoy tasting and that includes super fruity Sangria.

Valpolicella Ripasso, Barolo, Tempranillo, Pinot Noir for reds.

Just started whites, Sauv Blancs have been great for me this summer.

Back