What is the problem with globalization?

I have no idea wtf you are babbling on about. If the U.S. tried to cede its sovereignty to an international government, like the U.N. it would result in a bloodbath. That isn't fantasy, its reality.

Because the US is not ceding sovereignty by entering into international treaties, the US constitution has a way for the US to enter international treaties, it requires presidential and 2/3rds of the Senate, and these treaties of course must be constitutional.

Well good for you, however there are millions of Americans who have jobs that can. And Americans shouldn't have to compete with 3rd world labor. That's the point.

How many months salary are you willing to pay for an American made iphone? You can't have your cake and eat it. If you want Americans with high paid manufacturing jobs, then what they're making needs to be priced accordingly, and it's not going to be anywhere near as cheap as stuff made by Chinese child laborers.

Very simply, the more localized the decision making process the more effective decisions are made. The proposal for globalism is the opposite of that understanding.

The proposal for globalism is to have a rough international guidelines for standarization process.

Is an evil global entity pushing english as the lingua franca of the world? nope, it just happened because it was popular and easy enough.

The proposal for globalism is to have a rough international guidelines for standarization process.

Is an evil global entity pushing english as the lingua franca of the world? nope, it just happened because it was popular and easy enough.

What does spontaneous order have to do with proposing a global compulsory funded monopoly?

The problem is that the wealth generated isn’t distributed equitably. The people who were making tube socks have not been able to transition into become programmers, and people who were able to become programmers have been able to thrive best by becoming more urban.

Going backwards doesn’t make sense (if it’s even possible), so the best thing to do would be to focus on making sure that people realize that those tube sock jobs are not coming back and to start training for the careers that will be available in the future

There is another major problem that you didn't state: Programmer type jobs alone cannot support the country. We need the combination of programmer jobs and tube sock jobs. Programmer type jobs are naturally going to be less in number anyway, than tube sock type jobs. So unless the government starts paying people a wage for sitting around the house... there will be millions of people out of work. The idea that the US can be a white collar nation, and let the 3rd world countries have all of the blue collar jobs is an impractical and ridiculous notion. Not saying that is what you are trying to say... but I've heard that theory countless times before.

What does spontaneous order have to do with proposing a global compulsory funded monopoly?

The fact that people see a global compulsory funded monopoly where there is none.

Absolutely nobody is pushing for their country to cede sovereignty in order to fund a global government.

People are just seeing natural things come up due to social evolution and technology and claim a dark hand is guiding it.

There is another major problem that you didn't state: Programmer type jobs alone cannot support the country. We need the combination of programmer jobs and tube sock jobs. Programmer type jobs are naturally going to be less in number anyway, than tube sock type jobs. So unless the government starts paying people a wage for sitting around the house... there will be millions of people out of work. The idea that the US can be a white collar nation, and let the 3rd world countries have all of the blue collar jobs is an impractical and ridiculous notion. Not saying that is what you are trying to say... but I've heard that theory countless times before.

The thing is that blue collar jobs are turning into white collar jobs, at least when it comes to MFG.

The fact that people see a global compulsory funded monopoly where there is none.

Absolutely nobody is pushing for their country to cede sovereignty in order to fund a global government.

People are just seeing natural things come up due to social evolution and technology and claim a dark hand is guiding it.

This actually really interesting because in your rebuttal to my OP, you actually made my case... instead of yours.

Standardization can arrive spontaneously visa vie English as the international business language. Why are you proposing a standardization be compelled then?

Disapearance of cultures, traditions, languages and ways of living that have been existing since forever.
None of that has even the slightest bit of value in the long run.

If there is just one government, nobody will be able to put that government in check if/when it becomes corrupt.

This actually really interesting because in your rebuttal to my OP, you actually made my case... instead of yours.

Standardization can arrive spontaneously visa vie English as the international business language. Why are you proposing a standardization be compelled then?

Standarization is not being compelled by an evil force, its being compelled organically by industries.

IEEE setting up an international standard for WiFi is not a globalist plot.

No country is going to invade another if they were to decide to use another standard of WiFi.

Standarization is not being compelled by an evil force, its being compelled organically by industries.

IEEE setting up an international standard for WiFi is not a globalist plot.

If its being organized by government then yes it is.... necessarily. Government does no other activity except compulsion dude.

Democrats in the 90's:
Battle%20in%20Seattle.jpg

Democrats today:
636073452946004189-307258808_ohhh%20yeah.png

You can have diversity for sure but it has to be carefully controlled so that the balance doesn't get upset and the hosting nation's culture and values do not get destroyed.

Better shut down the internet then.

I see a lot of people really against it, why? What exactly would be the problem with the entire human species coming together and working as one?

The end all be all for mankind is to be united under one Flag, united earth Federation. But with the current state of politicians and us losing our constitutional rites would suck, maybe if we used the american constitution as its guide stone.

I'd be all for a UEF, but not right now. Humanity or mankind isn't ready for one yet. However i could see a US/EU style alliance or a Atlantic federation of some sort of unification

If its being organized by government then yes it is.... necessarily. Government does no other activity except compulsion dude.

So was the standardization of DVD's evil by your standards? No governments were involved in that one. It was an agreement between Philips, Sony, Toshiba and Panasonic.

Government usually butts in, once a standard is set by private actors.

So was the standardization of DVD's evil by your standards? No governments were involved in that one. It was an agreement between Philips, Sony, Toshiba and Panasonic.

Precisely, my point. Why does the standardization need to be compelled then?

What kind of globalization are we talking about? If its corporate globalization then its already happened and not sure what the point of this thread is, if we are talking about the globalization of nations, or one world government, then that is an entirely different discussion.

i think hes talking more about a Federation

Precisely, my point. Why does the standardization need to be compelled then?

Once the CEO's of those companies decided to cooperate with each other, their engineers were compelled to design systems using the agreed upon standard. If this didn't happen, you'd have engineers designing dozens of different digital disc systems, none of which would be compatible with each other.

Back