What is the most bad ass family dog I can have?

She's the only dog or she have some other dog as company?

Got a friend with a farm who own one Rotty and one Maremmano and both have an indifferent attitude toward the property animals
The rotty get mad at stray cats though :D

Can confirm the dumb part, but still lovable and badass :D

I think some race traits can be an useful indication, but ultimately it also count a lot the character on the individual

Got another friend with czech wolfdog and it's like a serial killer of stray cats, but this is another story :D
Also because i find more normal a czech wolf that do it rather than one that does not lol
She's part of a pack of four. Her plus a shepherd lab cross, a shepherd rottie cross and a shepherd malamute cross. She's dumb, but at least she's pretty.

Doberman is the royalty of dogs. Once you let a Doberman into your life you will probably always have one by your side. Easy as shit to train. Very intimidating. Super aware of who is in the "family" or "circle" and who is not. An old friend was in town and stopped by, he was with one of his friend and my Dobi wouldn't let them in my house. He sat in front of the friend's friend and barked until I asked them to leave. Found out a week later that the guy was quite unsavory.
Some dogs just have that built in shit head detector. I had a Dobie, he was a retired guard dog, great dog to have considering the ghetto ass neighbourhood I lived in at the time.

Doberman is the royalty of dogs. Once you let a Doberman into your life you will probably always have one by your side. Easy as shit to train. Very intimidating. Super aware of who is in the "family" or "circle" and who is not. An old friend was in town and stopped by, he was with one of his friend and my Dobi wouldn't let them in my house. He sat in front of the friend's friend and barked until I asked them to leave. Found out a week later that the guy was quite unsavory.

Edit. Moved into a new house and the neighbors dog was quite chatty. First thing the Doberman did was pee on the neighbors dog through the fence. No more barking after that.

It's not a red Dobe I take it? I don't know what it is about those things but the red ones are borderline retarded lol. I've been around many Dobes in my life and never come across an intelligent red.

The Reds usually are friendly tho

You're applying human emotion and conditioning to animals just like every other idiot hippie that doesn't know shit about dogs.

I don't think your 'Nazi' gene argument holds much water. Your language alone proves you are an idiot. Yeah, you are the dog breeding expert alright. Did you learn it on YouTube? Did you major in Biology? Here you go, watch this documentary which destroys your 'gene-breeding' theory. Get back to me when you finish.

"With only a strong will and a cheap horse, Harry sets out to become a champion show jumper. He developed a transformative relationship with a broken down Amish plow horse he rescued off a slaughter truck bound for the glue factory. Harry paid eighty dollars for the horse and named him Snowman. In less than two years, Harry & Snowman went on to win the triple crown of show jumping, beating the nations blue bloods."

Last edited:
Pitbull - I raised her since pup and had her for almost 2 years now

She's loyal, strong, friendly and playful.

She loves kids and everyone who meets her instantly falls in love

No one cares.

Everyone knows a nice pitbull.

And everyone knows a person who was bit or mauled by a nice pitbull.

No one cares. Everyone knows a nice pitbull. And everyone knows a person who was bit or mauled by a nice pitbull.

Looks like you care. Did you know the circumstances under which the Pitt Bull attacked the person?

I don't think your 'Nazi' gene argument holds much water. Your language alone proves you are an idiot. Yeah, you are the dog breeding expert alright. Did you learn it on YouTube? Did you major in Biology? Here you go, watch this documentary which destroys your 'gene-breeding' theory. Get back to me when you finish.

"With only a strong will and a cheap horse, Harry sets out to become a champion show jumper. He developed a transformative relationship with a broken down Amish plow horse he rescued off a slaughter truck bound for the glue factory. Harry paid eighty dollars for the horse and named him Snowman. In less than two years, Harry & Snowman went on to win the triple crown of show jumping, beating the nations blue bloods."

Your lack of knowledge on the subject is embarrassing. Just stop.

Just stop.

What? Are you getting ready to have a 'meltdown'? Just trying to make sense of what some idiots in here are posting. ...and no, trying to say I'm one of them does not work.

Your lack of knowledge on the subject is embarrassing. Just stop.

Seems like you and 'Curmudgeon' like to say 'just stop' a lot. Yeah, that is a real good come back answer buddy. That way you can avoid the real issues. Usually saved for those who have lost the argument or can't argue to start with.

It's not a red Dobe I take it? I don't know what it is about those things but the red ones are borderline retarded lol. I've been around many Dobes in my life and never come across an intelligent red.

The Reds usually are friendly tho
Never had a red, once you go black....

Edit. Moved into a new house and the neighbors dog was quite chatty. First thing the Doberman did was pee on the neighbors dog through the fence. No more barking after that.

My sister in law has 2 giant Dobermans, they are awesome dogs. Intimidating for sure but very loving and friendly.

And they actually got a third dog a few months ago, which is a Great Dane pit mix...so another giant.

We have a black cat and a 5 year old daughter... Are bully breeds completely out even if raised from a pup? Are terriers in general not suitable for a youngster and cats? I'd like a breed that is durable and somewhat athletic. Labs are cool but I've heard they sometimes won't even bark when the doorbell rings. I don't need a guard dog, but a dog that at least sounds the alarm and/or puts on a show would be nice if there were ever a home intruder. It seem all these type of dogs also have higher prey drives making them less suitable for a home with a house cat or small child. What say you (sher)dog people?

More interested in your cat. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN @kevy2pale @lsa

Seems like you and 'Curmudgeon' like to say 'just stop' a lot. Yeah, that is a real good come back answer buddy. That way you can avoid the real issues. Usually saved for those who have lost the argument or can't argue to start with.

Is this idiot actually trying to say selective breeding isn't a thing? How do you think we have different breeds in the first place? You think God made them?

Back