What is purpose of Jones stomp/side kicks? They don't do damage and probably don't score either.

I'm a pretty good kicker

That wasn’t what was in question, but that’s great.

Front him at his gym, request a smoker with him, sign a waiver and let him know specifically you think those kicks ain’t shit.

Post up the vid and your thoughts thereafter!

How come it only destroyed one knee so far? Is is it because that dude stepped into it or because he extended his own knee at the worst possible moment?
Like with virtually any strike there’s a bunch of factors that lead to a strike doing damage. These kicks can go from 0-100 really fast though. The difference is the post fight recovery.

The knee kicks keep the opponent worried and on guard to defend them. It’s not like a jab that they can just eat to close the distance. If they’re walking forward into it or it catches them off balance that’s and MCL and meniscus tear and potentially an ACL. No athlete wants to fuck with ACL tears.

It keeps them off balance because they have to worry about their foot placement to close distance against Jones. They’re one of the reasons he’s been so effective even with a weakness in boxing because he can use those at range and a 74 in reach can’t crowd him. Whereas both Gustuffson and Reyes were able to still reach him so the dangers off him getting countered were there.

That wasn’t what was in question, but that’s great.

Front him at his gym, request a smoker with him, sign a waiver and let him know specifically you think those kicks ain’t shit.

Post up the vid and your thoughts thereafter!

Well thank you for thinking my kick was great.

His opponents looked fine to me. Don't recall anyone limping during a fight

Nah, the heel is too padded by skin and it's not a swinging motion either.
You could damage a knee by using a foam baseball bat. ACL injury occurs commonly when the thigh moves but the shin doesn’t. Hence why they’re common in netball due to stopping and pivoting.

If you push a foam bar into someone knee and stop the lower leg from moving while the rest of the body comes forward, chances are they are fucked.

Well thank you for thinking my kick was great.

His opponents looked fine to me. Don't recall anyone limping during a fight
I said ‘that’s great’ not ‘your kick was great’ - in fact i did not bother to watch it. Could not care less about it or your opinions.

Go beat Jon Jones then I’ll take notice of your waffle buddeh.

Like with virtually any strike there’s a bunch of factors that lead to a strike doing damage. These kicks can go from 0-100 really fast though. The difference is the post fight recovery.

The knee kicks keep the opponent worried and on guard to defend them. It’s not like a jab that they can just eat to close the distance. If they’re walking forward into it or it catches them off balance that’s and MCL and meniscus tear and potentially an ACL. No athlete wants to fuck with ACL tears.

It keeps them off balance because they have to worry about their foot placement to close distance against Jones. They’re one of the reasons he’s been so effective even with a weakness in boxing because he can use those at range and a 74 in reach can’t crowd him. Whereas both Gustuffson and Reyes were able to still reach him so the dangers off him getting countered were there.
I just read a very interesting text on the science of mechanical power.

There's a split second where power gets maximized from angle and timing. If that window of opportunity passes, power is greatly diminshed even if the speed is good. By incorporating the precise angle you add mass to speed.

Very fascinating read

I just read a very interesting text on the science of mechanical power.

There's a split second where power gets maximized from angle and timing. If that window of opportunity passes, power is greatly diminshed even if the speed is good. By incorporating the precise angle you add mass to speed.

Very fascinating read
One of the fascinating things about fighting is both your and your opponents biomechanics.

You’ve got to anticipate where they’ll be, how their body will be positioned when you throw a strike. It’s why street fights rarely resemble professional ones.

Theres inches between knocking your opponent into next week and you breaking your hand.

With the knee kicks if two fighters are the same height/weight/reach the risk vs reward is higher. If you miss you’re likely to get countered.

Why do you want an opponent to be guessing? Doesn't that just activate his brain more?

imagine you are fighting me. i only punch with my left and right arms. you know this fact. you will only focus on my upper body (arms) the entire fight.

now imagine i kick you. this is outside you field of vision. now you have to not just focus on my upper body, but also my lower body. that's essentially doubling your field of vision that you need to be aware of.

not only that, but now your stance and cadence is changed. imagine you are an orthodox stance fighter (left foot forward, right foot behind). all your weight is on your lead left leg. if i stand orthodox and use my right leg to go teep your left knee, you might have to switch stances.

tldr;
- your attention is split across more area on your opponents body. makes it easier to get knocked out.
- your fighting stance/cadence/rhythm might be messed up because of annoying teeps

now imagine i kick you. this is outside you field of vision. now you have to not just focus on my upper body, but also my lower body. that's essentially doubling your field of vision that you need to be aware of.

not only that, but now your stance and cadence is changed. imagine you are an orthodox stance fighter (left foot forward, right foot behind). all your weight is on your lead left leg. if i stand orthodox and use my right leg to go teep your left knee, you might have to switch stances.

tldr;
- your attention is split across more area on your opponents body. makes it easier to get knocked out.
- your fighting stance/cadence/rhythm might be messed up because of annoying teeps
Sure but the point of this thread is that his stomp kicks aren't dangerous. Although they might prevent his opponents from stepping in..

Last edited:
I can tell buddeh, you math ain’t adding up in this thread.

But you have achieved something. Got me here on the dawg defending Jon Jones lol.

Fave fun. ✌️

I'm pretty sure you saw my kick. If you haven't I'll put it like this.. It has more force than Rogans spinning back kick, which GSP doesn't think is possible.

he's eyepoking people's legs duh

Let me oblique kick you TS, you will quickly change your opinion.

There has to be reason why that isn't more common. I can't see from the angle but either His had waaay more intensity or it was a freak incident
It's because he was in a slight sideways stance and the kick came from a closer inner angle. Pushing down. It was a side kick and not an Oblique kick as the vid states. But it's almost like a stomp. The guy made the mistake of leaving out the front leg and planting on it hard.

A knee bents pretty well backwards. Pretty shitty forward and even more shitty sideways. So if you can kick down on a knee (bodyweight + loaded hip) while your opponent is placing his knee sideways it's a recipe for disaster.

I'm pretty sure you saw my kick. If you haven't I'll put it like this.. It has more force than Rogans spinning back kick, which GSP doesn't think is possible.
lol

No, I have not watched your kick. Mostly because I could not be bothered, but also because it seemed like that was your main objective for creating this thread. Desperate for people to watch your kick.

That’s weak sauce homie.

Not gonna be a part of it.

There are other more appropriate sections for these boards for that.

Why you so thirsty?

Was it a fluke? Can’t throw it 1000 times? Can’t utilise it in a fight?

I’ll never know. Because for all I know it is a shitty link to ghey pron lol. Will never watch. Come back when you have deemed yourself worthy of comparison to a guy who cleaned out a UFC division lol.

<DisgustingHHH>

Back