What is Lomachenko - Rigo of MMA?

Ronda Rousey vs Sara Mcmann

I mean I get the Olympic comparison, but that card was put together in less than 60 days and hardly focused on that aspect. Fans weren’t foaming out of their mouths like fight fans for this card, and it certainly wasn’t a pick em fight. And since we’re on the subject, Sara went out on sword and didn’t quit in the fight, if you’ve ever been kneed in the liver during kickboxing, training, etc you know how bad that hurts.

It would be TJ/DJ but only if DJ moved up. Rigo is just too small and it's kind of sad a guy as skilled as him was made to look like a dirty quitter on national tv.

Truthfully Loma making Walter's quit was far more impressive. Walters is a huge Featherweight and was knocking dudes dead.

I mean I get the Olympic comparison, but that card was put together in less than 60 days and hardly focused on that aspect. Fans weren’t foaming out of their mouths like fight fans for this card, and it certainly wasn’t a pick em fight. And since we’re on the subject, Sara went out on sword and didn’t quit in the fight, if you’ve ever been kneed in the liver during kickboxing, training, etc you know how bad that hurts.
I have, it doesn’t hurt that bad. Sara is just a giant puss.

Probably because boxing fans are able to understand nuance. Most of us don't talk in extremes all the time. It's probably because we're not pro wrestling fans, like most MMA fans.

Yes... Whenever I walk into a bar full of boxing fans, two words which succinctly describe the conversation are intellectualism and nuance.

TJ vs Barao

Barao was undefeated yet well known "underrated" champion in his weightclass

TJ was skilled and was looking like the nest big thing yet he faced poor competition. TJ showed that Barao isn't that good and that he is a superior talent.

Yes... Whenever I walk into a bar full of boxing fans, two words which succinctly describe the conversation are intellectualism and nuance.
What does intellectualism have to do with nuance? You're conflating 2 things to sound intelligent. Good job.

You've never walked into a bar full of boxing fans. There aren't that many left.

Two super talented skilled boxers, two olympic medals each.....one of the best fight ever put together on paper...MMA equivalent?

i think the skillset of those boxers will inspire some mma fighters but... they will have trouble with stuff where boxing rules are cancelled.

GSP vs Penn 2 is the MMA equivalent to boxings Sugar Ray vs Roberto Duran 2 IMO.

What does intellectualism have to do with nuance? You're conflating 2 things to sound intelligent. Good job.

You've never walked into a bar full of boxing fans. There aren't that many left.

You're an idiot, but I'm glad you could cover up your failure to comprehend what I was quite clearly saying with an unnecessary insult.

Also, I live in SF, dipshit. There are plenty of bars packed full of people for boxing events.

You're an idiot, but I'm glad you could cover up your failure to comprehend what I was quite clearly saying with an unnecessary insult.

Also, I live in SF, dipshit. There are plenty of bars packed full of people for boxing events.

Well, to be fair to him, what you said was kinda dumb.

So defensive. Poor guy, you can't even identify self-deprecating humor. It'll get better. I promise.

Real mma fans remembers.

In 2005!!! The main event of the final event of Pride FC !! Shockwave...

Hidehiko Yoshida vs Naoya Ogawa. Both are olympic gold medalists in judokan. Osss.....

Look at the fights in their undercard:

Wanderlei Silva vs Ricardo Arona
Mark Hunt vs Mirko Crocop
Kazushi Sakuraba vs Minowa-man
Takanori Gomi vs Hayato Sakurai
Dan Henderson vs Murilo Busta
Fedor vs Zulu
and another fun fights.

Good days..

Back