What is Lomachenko - Rigo of MMA?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Two super talented skilled boxers, two olympic medals each.....one of the best fight ever put together on paper...MMA equivalent?

I feel it must be BJ Penn - GSP 2. Two most talented fighters that we have ever seen..I know BJ Penn went downhill pretty fast, especially his messed up performance against Edgar in third fight,...I say he never was a same fighter ever getting robbed blind by judges in the first fight....

There was a humongous hype behind it, two greatest of all time fighters fighting against each other.....and BJ was talking about fighting to death and he ended up quitting on his stool....

BJ was getting the ever loving shit beaten out of him though.

Rigo just quit.

Kimbo vs Dada 5000

And LOL at top boxers just quitting. Soft as fuck. Embarassing for the sport.

everyone think of a shit fight where one of the dudes is too small and like 55 looks like a crying starving child appeal Looks like shit and quits.

I'm surprised this appeared today not before the fight, I thought the hype from this fight was dead

Conor vs. Aldo imo bc you have an aging guy who was possibly the goat getting completely outclassed by the younger up & coming evolution of the game, it's hard to compare though

Love watching Loma.

BJ didn't get robbed in the first fight. It was close but Frankie pulled it off.

everyone think of a shit fight where one of the dudes is too small and like 55 looks like a crying starving child appeal Looks like shit and quits.

I'm surprised this appeared today not before the fight, I thought the hype from this fight was dead
Probably because boxing fans are able to understand nuance. Most of us don't talk in extremes all the time. It's probably because we're not pro wrestling fans, like most MMA fans.

Rousey vs McMann was two Olympians, if that counts for anything.

BJ was getting the ever loving shit beaten out of him though.

Rigo just quit.
Rigo was not getting beaten that bad but he was not landing anything. He was getting outclassed and embarassed.
He may not have been hurt but he was broken.

GSP vs BJ is pretty much perfect. Two of the best in the world at that time and one guy dominated so completely the other guy quit

TJ/Cruz and TJ/MM as mentioned earlier are probably closer style wise and even skill wise but Cruz/TJ was razor close and I think TJ/MM will be similarly close. And I don't see either of them saying no mas unless they're caught in a sub

And LOL at top boxers just quitting. Soft as fuck. Embarassing for the sport.

even while being given the benefit of the doubt (that there was something wrong with his hand) he was being called out by the commentators. i think the dude literally quit out of frustration. he knew he had nothing for lomachenko and just had to get out of there. there really isn't a graceful way out in boxing. you can't give up the back and just get it over with.

Back