What is going on in Burma?

Different culture hard to judge crusades

Burma is a multi ethnic nation with multiple ethnic insurgencies. There are insurgencies among the mon, karen, wa, kachin, shan not just the rohingya. This is about the ethnic bamar wanting to dominate and ethnic supremacism, its been going on for centuries, not as a simple buddhism vs islam

_67354744_154146214(1).jpg

Falsely disparaging the victims of genocide is poor form, even for the war room.

Mod Note: Reminder about the violence/ genocide policy. You are able to discuss this topic but please do so without wishing death/ genocide on those involved or refrain from posting. You can criticize a group without doing this.

I haven't seen any threads about this. I've seen the videos of Buddhist monks burning rohingyas alive and worse things; looks as bad as isis.

Would have never imagined the dalai lama and his mates burning people alive and chit.

So what do you think?

Do you have some kind of news article that will give us a more detailed picture of what you referring to?

Mod Note: Past this point I will be giving out infractions to anyone that suggests the victims of genocide/ethnic cleansing deserve it. This thread has multiple warnings posted. Discuss the issue without doing this or do not discuss it.

I haven't seen any threads about this. I've seen the videos of Buddhist monks burning rohingyas alive and worse things; looks as bad as isis.
where did you see this? most of the videos are fake, not saying the stuff doesn't happen but not many videos coming from the area.

Would have never imagined the dalai lama and his mates burning people alive and chit.

So what do you think?
There are many schools of buddhism, the dalai lama follows tibetan buddhism which is a more peaceful(not pacifist though) religion.
Buddhist_sects.png

See the map, I can't vow for its accuracy and my knowledge of the subject is limited but it basically shows what I've said.
Among these sects there are multiple schools. For example, Zen is a school of Mahayana buddhism, popular in Japan and it along with shinto beliefs were used as justification for violent japanese behavior like Kamikazes, Seppuku and murdering chinese kids. Really, the japanese before 1945 were probably the most violent people on earth, they were not only violent against their enemies but against themselves with soldiers and civilians blowing themselves up with grenades or committing suicide with swords to avoid capture or shame.

Now, about the topic, the Rohingya are Bengali Muslims brought to work as cheap labor in Burma by the British, the other burmese (including other muslim ethnicities) hate them because they're basically invaders left over from the colonial era.
Nobody cares though as they don't have oil and China wouldn't let Americans bring democracy there anyway. These guys are real refugees though, not these africans wanting white women in europe. Bangladesh should accept them but Bangladesh doesn't seem to care about their fellow people if they happen to live on the other side of the border.

LOL, you're the one who said "If American Asians demand we give them Arizona I say we deport them."

Those white guys want their own state in the Pacific NW, should we deport them?
You can't deport them because whites are the main ethnicity in the USA. (Please, no native americans the true americans)
But yes if they ever pose a threat to the federal government they would be killed.
Like the indians that didn't want to go to reservations. Or confederates.
Or you know, like these white guys at Waco or Ruby Ridge. No serious country accepts people that will not follow the integrity of the state.

You can't deport them because whites are the main ethnicity in the USA. (Please, no native americans the true americans)
But yes if they ever pose a threat to the federal government they would be killed.
Or you know, like these white guys at Waco or Ruby Ridge. No serious country accepts people that will not follow the integrity of the state.

So what if whites are the main ethnicity in the US, we should get no special privilege because of it. If there is a white nationalist group that wants their own state in the US and goes about trying to achieve it they (The whites in the movement) should be charged with sedition and arrested and or deported. I'd say the same for any other group that tried that.

This might be the single most absurd comparison i've ever seen on this site. ...And that's really, really saying something lol.
Jeeeeeeeesus.

Your way of thinking is so sloppy it's hilarious. First off, it's not like Monks are serving in the military. Actual buddist monks don't even get along with the former military government and have had bloody clashes with them. So you pinning this on Buddism is retarded. Yea, Buddists happen to serve in the military, because life is complicated. It has nothing to do with Buddism though, there aren't Christians being persecuted, or Hindu's. This isn't done in the name of Budda. It's because of practical worldly reasons.

Then you say I support racial genocide. What race am I supposedly pro/anti? lol Am I a Burmese supremacist? LOL. You're just so blinded by your own fantasy narrative that it's hard to even digest what looks like schizophrenic conspiracy theories. Stop telling me what I believe.
Why are you parroting MicroBrew's line that he established early on (it's not about Buddhism; these people do not represent Buddhism) while pretending to disagree with him?

It's funny how some people who clearly have no idea about this conflict are boiling it down to "Muslims did *isolated incident*... there's consequences!"

That being said, the Rohingya are seemingly getting radicalized which is probably the greatest gift that the Burmese government can get in their fight against them.

Bangladesh doesn't want to take them either, so even Muslims can't stand their own.

Bangladesh doesn't want to take them either, so even Muslims can't stand their own.
Well first of all this is ridiculous because Bangladesh already has a ton of them and second of all, even if they did want them, they shouldn't or wouldn't take them in because that is literally doing Myanmar's job for them... they have been trying to get rid of these people for decades.

As if just allowing 1+ million people instantaneous free citizenship wasn't ridiculous enough, it's also bad because you're helping Myanmar take away their homeland from them.

The bad thing is the Indonesian Muslim fucktards in Aceh are instigating more violence by parading thru the streets saying "I want to kill Burmese budhist".

...but they still won't take the Rohingya in (the Indonesian government that is, the Acehnese welcomed them).

Muslims took away plenty of homelands when they came upon different cultures. I won't shred a tear for followers of this murderous genocidal cult started by a desert pedophile. Sucks when you get a taste of your own medicine doesn't it?
I hope you feel that terrorists are justified whenever they attack when they use your backward ass logic.

Back