What is going on in Burma?

This is another perspective I saw posted below one of the news articles on it:

"What is it that is not sounding quite right about the Rohingya refugee crisis? That thing we’re not quite able to put our finger on?

Ah! There it is. The reason for it!

Why on earth has the Myanmar army led by Nobel peace prizehero, Aung San Suu Kyi, suddenly begun picking on this innocent folk called the Rohingya, who have just been going about their business all these decades?

Perhaps it’s because they haven’t merely been going about their business.

A violent Islamist group called the Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army (ARSA) is forcing all Rohingya males – even very young boys – toattack Rakhine Buddhists and other civilians and to provoke the Myanmar army into violence. This group has been getting its funding and weapons from Islamic countries like Pakistan and Malaysia and its training from al-Qaeda and Taliban in Afghanistan.

(Note: Western liberals, the mainstream media and theSaudi-backed United Nations (UN) have not bothered to call out the human rightsviolations perpetrated by ARSA against the Rakhine civilians, as well asagainst the Rohingya who were being forced to commit acts of terror.)

The other aspect that is gnawing at this writer is the dearth of material evidence that Myanmar’s army is, in fact, persecuting the Rohingya Muslims as monstrously as the latter and the UN claim.

In June 2015, it was discovered that many of the horrifying videos and images of the Rohingya massacre being circulated on social media and major news outlets were of other disasters – the devastating earthquake in China, violent Tibetan activism in India, the terrorism of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam in Sri Lanka, and even an oil tanker on fire in the Congo. However, let us give the Rohingya the benefit of the doubt and assume that they have not, in fact, torched their own homes for international attention, as the Myanmar government is claiming (though this writer would not put arson-jihad past ARSA).

Take Maungdaw, for instance, where the Myanmar army last week burnt down the homes of innocent Rohingya. Precisely a week prior to this incident, ARSA had attacked soldiers and Rakhine civilians in the area, whothen had to flee their homes and hide in a monastery in Taung Bazaar. Thevictims in this scenario are clearly all the non-ARSA parties – all the Rohingya and the local Rakhines not engaging in jihadi violence.

Yet, this still begs the question – why the Rohingya? Why are they – the Muslims of Bangladeshi origin – the only community in a nation where over a hundred different ethnic groups of various religions coexist peacefully, being targeted?

The answer lies in the demystified history of the Rohingya. Since the 1940s (even before Saudi oil money, al-Qaeda training, etc), many Rohingya Muslims tried to wage “jihad” against Myanmar (burning Rakhine villages and massacring Buddhists for decades) and upon realising that they’d lost their bid for an Islamic nation, they have been, since the 1990s, trying to gain citizenship.

Fed up and in no mood to reward this community for its sedition with citizenship, Myanmar has taken a good look at its neighbours, Malaysia and Indonesia – where Buddhism is waning, Islamism is increasing, and homosexuals and women are being caned in public, and has simply decided to expel all Rohingya Muslims from its country before the same fate hits home.

The Rohingya have more in common with the Bangladeshis in terms of religious and cultural identity and, moreover, they share the same ethnicity. What’s holding Bangladesh back? Turkey’s Erdoğan is even willing to cover the costs for Bangladesh taking in these refugees.

The fact is, these countries know only too well what Myanmar already knows – that certain organisations are secretly encouraging and spreading Islamist ideologies among the Rohingya and will not cease to do so. Suu Kyi has explicitly stated that international organisations have been complicit in aiding Rohingya militants. But she has been pooh-poohed by Zeidbin Ra’ad al-Hussein from Saudi Arabia and the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (which is ironical, like Saudi Arabia’s elevation to the UN Women’s Rights Commission; it’s his word against Suu Kyi’s, and the world has chosen to ignore hers).

Reports of rapes committed by the Myanmar army against the Rohingya have their sources in the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights. Some reports have come from Al Jazeera; that requires no further explanation.

In the meantime, Saudi Arabia is busy bombing Yemen into oblivion and starving millions of Yemeni children to death, all the while singling out Israel and Myanmar for human rights violations.

Why is this writer finding it hard to view the Rohingya crisis as real and not a hoax?" (SwarajyaMag/Sanjeevani Rao/7/0/2017)"

How do any of you know what's going on in Myanmar? The news media that is in love with Islam told you that Islam is being persecuted?

What's more likely, the religious group that can't coexist with any other group is the cause of the problem, or the media is actually telling the truth and those poor Muslims are in no way at fault?

It's also a treat that Europeans and Americans are so sad for the poor Muslims in Myanmar, and yet they have no problem killing Millions of Muslims themselves. Peaceful nations like Libya it's ok to wipe off the map. But when Myanmar starts dealing with terrorism themselves all of a sudden Buddism is to blame lol.

I love seeing what's happening in Myanmar. Drive Islam back to the desert. Don't give them one inch. They want Rhakine State? Give them NOTHING.

Imagine having terrorists demanding we give them California or they will declare holy war. Fuck that.
Kick rocks, pussy.

Aung San Suu Kyi was beautiful when she was younger:

180c0e76ac06ebe06e545b3855ca826a.jpg

suu-burma_2080889c.jpg

Kick rocks, pussy.

And by being against this, you support the current situation, where two groups hate each other. Where Buddhists have been lit on fire, where acts of terrorism will continue happening. You support death you evil evil boy.

People are going to die no matter what happens when Islam is involved. It's been that way the last 1000 years.

This is another perspective I saw posted below one of the news articles on it:
" Why is this writer finding it hard to view the Rohingya crisis as real and not a hoax?" "(SwarajyaMag/Sanjeevani Rao/7/0/2017)"

Because the writer is a Hindu nationalist who blanket hates Muslims . There is a lot of pro Burmese propaghanda out there, peddled in the comments sections of News articles.

Why is this writer finding it hard to view the Rohingya crisis as real and not a hoax?" (SwarajyaMag/Sanjeevani Rao/7/0/2017)"

Because the writer is a Hindu nationalist who blanket hates Muslims . There is a lot of pro Burmese propaghanda out there, peddled in the comments sections of News articles.

Yet you believe western media which time and time again lies to promote anything to do Islam.

And by being against this, you support the current situation, where two groups hate each other. Where Buddhists have been lit on fire, where acts of terrorism will continue happening. You support death you evil evil boy.

People are going to die no matter what happens when Islam is involved. It's been that way the last 1000 years.
You support genocide, which you wouldn't be doing if you were on the receing end of.
Islam is not the reason here, race is the reason , which the Burmese have made quite clear. So you support racial genocide if the side carrying it out aligns with your political and racial bias.

The Buddhist Burmese started the whole genocide and pogroms, the militant Rohinga are just retaliating to decades of abuse and oppression. You expect people to not defend themselves when they are being brutalised?

Yet you believe western media which time and time again lies to promote anything to do Islam.
Western media is far fairer than other media. I am also 1 of the biggest critics of Islam here and routinely have stated that the Western MSM is biased in favor of Islam. So what argument have you got now.

You support genocide, which you wouldn't be doing if you were on the receing end of.
Islam is not the reason here, race is the reason , which the Burmese have made quite clear. So you support racial genocide if the side carrying it out aligns with your political and racial bias.

The Buddhist Burmese started the whole genocide and pogroms, the militant Rohinga are just retaliating to decades of abuse and oppression. You expect people to not defend themselves when they are being brutalised?

Your way of thinking is so sloppy it's hilarious. First off, it's not like Monks are serving in the military. Actual buddist monks don't even get along with the former military government and have had bloody clashes with them. So you pinning this on Buddism is retarded. Yea, Buddists happen to serve in the military, because life is complicated. It has nothing to do with Buddism though, there aren't Christians being persecuted, or Hindu's. This isn't done in the name of Budda. It's because of practical worldly reasons.

Then you say I support racial genocide. What race am I supposedly pro/anti? lol Am I a Burmese supremacist? LOL. You're just so blinded by your own fantasy narrative that it's hard to even digest what looks like schizophrenic conspiracy theories. Stop telling me what I believe.

Western media is far fairer than other media. I am also 1 of the biggest critics of Islam here and routinely have stated that the Western MSM is biased in favor of Islam. So what argument have you got now.

Ok so you admit I'm right that the western media can't be trusted to cover the events of myanmar because they are biased. Looks like I don't need another argument.

So they "probably had it coming." Or maybe you can just read how they set people on fire.

it always happens like that. guys from X vulnerable minority did a crime, lets burn all their villages and expell them. it would be like doing a pogrom against mexicans the next time a cartel does something vile.

Your way of thinking is so sloppy it's hilarious. First off, it's not like Monks are serving in the military. Actual buddist monks don't even get along with the former military government and have had bloody clashes with them. So you pinning this on Buddism is retarded. Yea, Buddists happen to serve in the military, because life is complicated. It has nothing to do with Buddism though, there aren't Christians being persecuted, or Hindu's. This isn't done in the name of Budda. It's because of practical worldly reasons.

Then you say I support racial genocide. What race am I supposedly pro/anti? lol Am I a Burmese supremacist? LOL. You're just so blinded by your own fantasy narrative that it's hard to even digest what looks like schizophrenic conspiracy theories. Stop telling me what I believe.
You try to make this an Islam thing when time and again I mentioned it is mostly about race, but to you it is just Islam. There are Hindu Rohingya too. The Burmese hate all Rohingya.

Some of the most voiceferous and ardent supporters of these pogroms are Buddhist monks BUT I did not pin this on Buddhism, as I specifically stated they are Buddhist in name only. I never said Buddhism is the cause , I said Burmese / Buddhist Burmese are. Buddhism is the religion the majority of these Burmese identify with so it is accurate to say the Buddhists in Burma or Burmese Buddhists, especially because Buddhism is an ethnic identity proxy for them since the Rohingya are not Buddhist.

You do support racial genocide since you a) support the actions of the Burmese government and nationalists and b) you " would gladly join the military to kill them."

Asains in general are the most racist people. They really take racial stereotypying more serious than any other people. Reminds me when i asked a Vietnamese guy if he was chinese and he got offended lol
how is taking racial stereotyping seriously make you a racist? In America you can't even make fun of Blacks and Jews, it's pretty much illegal. What does that mean, based on your logic?

Ok so you admit I'm right that the western media can't be trusted to cover the events of myanmar because they are biased. Looks like I don't need another argument.
Don't ascribe statements to me that I did not make. I never said any such thing. I said Western MSM is sympathetic to Islam ; though this is limited to the liberal media as media such as Fox isn't.

Western media also reports on crimes commited by Muslims and or Muslim groups against non-Muslims. Just because the liberal media have a bias towards Islam, does not mean the MSM is totally in the tank for Islam and will distort all news to support the Islamic side.

You need another argument since you thought you could just dismiss my arguments by claiming media bias. You weren't figuring on seeing me state that I don't like Islam and think the MSM is biased in Islam's favor.

You want to dismiss the MSM because you don't like what they are saying, not necessarily because what they are saying isn't true. Who are we supposed to trust according to you, the Nationalist Burmese? some anon comments linking to nationalist blogs ? Alt-right bloggers? WNist bloggers?

Western media is the best source for news from Myanmar . There is a lot of western media, from major news networks to small time freelance journalists. You must be daft to think everyone is in some big conspiracy to all report the same thing. Many Western human rights groups are reporting the same thing.

Western media also reported heavily on ISIS crimes and genocide against Yezidis. So where is your excuse that Western media can't be trusted to report honestly on Myanmar.

Last edited:
Back