What is a single aspect of one fighter's game that is hugely overrated?

GSPs striking isn't bad it's elite but smother the jab and nullify the TD and he struggles alot.

Johny had only a handful of years striking, but was taking rounds from GSP and outlanding him albeit not by large amounts, even though GSP has a very extensive striking background.

Johnny was also probably on the juice considering his epic meltdown since USADA

i would say khabibs ground game... if he fought at WW he would be destroyed easily.... thats why he kills himself to make 155

True although actually rather different to what you would technically get from an MMA fighter said to have bad fundamentals, normally its all overhands and hooks and few jabs.

Against Cyborg as well the lack of a good mid kick was pretty obvious, unlike classic Mirko there wasn't any misdirection there are Cyborg blocked almost every highkick was ease.

I was talking about her boxing and kickboxing. Not knowing how to stand is about as fucked up as it gets. Then no jab to speak of. She has always won by virtue of being a superior athlete and throwing a shit-ton of volume.

Like this myth about her being a counter-puncher. Only against Rousey, who ran face-first (thankfully) into Holm's left straight. And even then, Holm did not land with enough authority to drop Rousey, who made it as easy for an opponent as it could possibly get. (still love Holly for the LHK knockout, though). Compare to Shevchenko, an actual counter-puncher. After round 1, Holly landed next to nothing. Or compare to Nunes, who does not throw with much variety, but stands properly and has a better control of distance (again, basics). So Amanda hits much harder because she is generally in a better position to do so.

Holly is a great athlete with a sub-par skillset, and until that changes (really, it is too late) it matters not at all what variety she adds, as she cannot apply it effectively to anyone with decent control of distance or movement.

There is not a single UFC fighter who is more athletic than an NFL player. Not even close.

UFC-135-Jones-Jackson-gif-3-spinning-back-kick.gif

1dsfcs.gif

3.gif
It's funny that you believe that hyperbolic nonsense

Jon Jones striking. He wins on reach alone. Also the black belts of Vitor, Nate Marquardt, Alan Belcher, Rashad Evans.They probably got them from a crackerjack box.
Not sure about all those guys, but Vitor won a Bronze at Abu Dhabi. Also breaking Jon Jones's arm is pretty impressive.

I was talking about her boxing and kickboxing. Not knowing how to stand is about as fucked up as it gets. Then no jab to speak of. She has always won by virtue of being a superior athlete and throwing a shit-ton of volume.

Like this myth about her being a counter-puncher. Only against Rousey, who ran face-first (thankfully) into Holm's left straight. And even then, Holm did not land with enough authority to drop Rousey, who made it as easy for an opponent as it could possibly get. (still love Holly for the LHK knockout, though). Compare to Shevchenko, an actual counter-puncher. After round 1, Holly landed next to nothing. Or compare to Nunes, who does not throw with much variety, but stands properly and has a better control of distance (again, basics). So Amanda hits much harder because she is generally in a better position to do so.

Holly is a great athlete with a sub-par skillset, and until that changes (really, it is too late) it matters not at all what variety she adds, as she cannot apply it effectively to anyone with decent control of distance or movement.

Yeah the difference is pretty clear there, as you say Rousey did make counters rather easy and people also tend to forget she did land a good deal on Holm herself plus indeed the LHK KO was a bit of a freakish situation not really picking out the shot in a traditional sense or finishing with it.

Edson Barboza’s takedown defense.

Before Khabib and Lee fights so many people were acting like he’s some takedown defense wizard and will definitely win these fights. His takedown defense myth came mostly from the fact he didn’t face a good wrestler in many, many years and when he actually faced them, he got destroyed.

His Tdd is good, but it is not, and never was elite so he could keep the fight standing against very good wrestlers

Last edited:
Hey, I didn't say she was unattractive.
I will give you my idea of an attractive, shall we say hot, female athlete:
Let me start with my favorite athlete, Leryn Franco, Paraguay, Javelin
Leryn+Franco+(2).jpg

64.jpg

20eeb6f62eec7bdea92995d0ecc03da1.jpg

Now we will move onto Paige Spiranac, LPGA golfer
05.jpg

d057575b854032ef18f0fa480034cefd.jpg

1080full-paige-spiranac.jpg

Then we move onto croatian basketball hottie, Antonija Misura