What is a single aspect of one fighter's game that is hugely overrated?

GSP’s striking

Jake Shields out struck him for 2 rounds.

False.

Jake was vastly out struck for Rounds 1-4.

Only after Jake landed or attempted to land FIVE eye gouges, was GSP blinded enough for Jake to out strike GSP by a margin of 26% to 25% in the final round.

KJq4Q.gif

5684576581_84e7c456f6.jpg

gsp-eye-poke-om7rl.gif

gsppoke2.jpg

And the one that finally got all the way thru....

shieldseyepoke01_medium.gif

And by discussing this, we are negating the fact that GSP choose to stand and trade, not the other way around. Jake did fuckall for 4 rounds and still couldn't get a TD or KO on a half blinded Georges.

GSP’s striking

It’s easy to look good standing against the Matt Hughes and the Jon Fitch’s of the world.

Fun fact: GSP has always had the reach advantage over his opponents.

Fun fact having a natural advantage is part of "striking."

Prime Brock Lesnar was objectively a high level athlete even by NFL standards, based on his combines.

Romero was the best athlete among his generation of elite wrestlers. Prime Romero is absolutely NFL level.

Jon Jones is a mediocre athlete who can fight really well.

Alright, good points. I guess I forgot about Brock, and Mitrione was in the NFL too.

But I doubt Brock could have put up quite those numbers a few years later when he finally got into the UFC, and he still became champ almost immediately. It shows the difference in athleticism.

And maybe prime Romero. But again, that was a while before his UFC days

How do you know he can't dunk? Not saying he can for sure, although i would be very surprised if that's the case. Have you seen Jones try and fail miserably to do so? Real question, I'm not trying to clown you...Also being the worst athlete in a family of starter level NFL players is not a legitimate criticism. What an absurd argument that is, good lord.

grUItW.gif

I agree he's great, but...

Did he say 125’s can’t KO anyone? Has he seen MM flat line Benevidez, or Cejudo Stiffening his opponents?

Huh? I'm confused. What did I say about MM, Cejudo, or Benevidez?

I hate to say it but Holly's boxing. :/

Why, it is so completely true? Even her fundamentals are poor. She did so well because she is a phenomenal athlete and the talent pool in women's boxing is often worse than that of WMMA.

grUItW.gif

I agree he's great, but...

Lmfao..That was indeed a pathetic attempt, but I maintain that he is more than capable dunking a basketball. Tbh I know way more about hoops than MMA. He can dunk, he just doesn't know how. Atrocious footwork, and handles the ball as if it's an alien object. Give me 10 min with him and I'll have him dunking trust me. He didn't fail due to lack of athleticism. If I can do it he can, believe me. He's more than athletic enough. He just had never touched a basketball before.

Didn't even get a running start ffs...

Lol bruh. Don't embarrass your family name.
being overweight at 300lbs+ and pushing other fat men is athletic to you? Being able to step on a field for two seconds and kick a football is athletic? Half the positions in football do not require you to be athletic. WR, QB, TE, RB sure but even those dont really require you to be the most athletic person there is. Size is the main attribute of football

Why, it is so completely true? Even her fundamentals are poor. She did so well because she is a phenomenal athlete and the talent pool in women's boxing is often worse than that of WMMA.

The reality is that Holm's true background was in kickboxing taught at an MMA gym, she only moved into boxing for the money and the low standard of comp.

Khabibs tds in the answer

As dominate as he is once I top

Tibua and iaquanta both were able to shrug a lot of them

This is probably the key in the formula to beat him

GSP’s striking

It’s easy to look good standing against the Matt Hughes and the Jon Fitch’s of the world.

Fun fact: GSP has always had the reach advantage over his opponents.
after Shields gouged him in the eye to the point he couldn't see out of one eye it was close

Back