What is a hate crime in the u.k.?

Im just pointing out that only one group is still physically attacked for the color of their skin in some places.

No other group can say that in 2018

I'm just pointing out that you're a delusional rube that doesn't even have anecdote to support your delusions.

Im just pointing out that only one group is still physically attacked for the color of their skin in some places.

No other group can say that in 2018

Lynching of black people is still happening to this day:
Beyond confirmed cases, there are anecdotal cases/reports [much like yours] like this: http://affinitymagazine.us/2017/09/15/lynchings-are-still-happening-in-2017/

That's how it should work in theory but it doesn't always turn out like this in practice (reality).

Many of the problems actually result from people being unjustly charged with hate crimes, whether they are found guilty of them or not.

Unless you have data to substantiate that this is a problem at all, I'm not likely to believe you. Hate crime charges are incredibly rare. Hell, just last year a guy in my city drove around throwing eggs at black women and calling them racial epithets, confessed that he did it for racial reasons, and still wasnt charged with it.

Unless you have data to substantiate that this is a problem at all, I'm not likely to believe you. Hate crime charges are incredibly rare. Hell, just last year a guy in my city drove around throwing eggs at black women and calling them racial epithets, confessed that he did it for racial reasons, and still wasnt charged with it.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/sites/default/files/documents/publications/cps_hate_crime_report_2017.pdf

In the UK, around 15-20% of people tried for hate crimes are found not guilty.

That's about a fifth of people accused of hate crimes who incur public humiliation, possibly extra financial woes [from extra-defense costs] and other consequences for something they probably aren't guilty of.

There other social problems that this creates too.

It forces people to focus/think about race more often than they would have to and imposes unnecessary mental burdens on society.

I know live in a country where little girls getting raped are the ones arrested for 'racism' if they are white and their attacker a filthy Muslim. And this isn't hyperbole or some far-right conspiracy, this is legitimately what is happening.

https://www.cps.gov.uk/sites/default/files/documents/publications/cps_hate_crime_report_2017.pdf

That's about a fifth of people accused of hate crimes who incur public humiliation, possibly extra financial woes [from extra-defense costs] and other consequences for something they probably aren't guilty of.

It forces people to focus/think about race more often than they would have to and imposes unnecessary mental burdens on society.

That's cases that go to trial. But, regardless, 15-20% not guilty is an even lower percentage than criminal verdicts as a whole (UK has a 64% conviction rate, while your source shows an 80% rate for hate crime add-ons), so your complaint proves my hypothesis (that, like here in the states, the charges are not used arbitrarily). Your "ruins reputation" can be applied to all crimes.

Roughly half of persons who go to trial for attempted murder in the UK are found not guilty. So half of those poor souls are humiliated as being an attempted murderer. Time to get rid of the attempted murder charge?

Ever hear about South Africa ?

That's not the United States, genius. Also, there are dark skinned peoples the world over being brutalized for their color, so your moving of the goal posts would be ineffective anyways.

Why does the white cohort experience less strict sentencing for marijuana use than the black cohort?

Because Black people are more likely to have prior crimes or be habitual offenders causing their sentences to be more stiff. It's kind of a dishonest statistic imo.

Did you read the link? 73% of convictions plead guilty. Of the remaining 27%, only 10% are given a guilty verdict.

So 70% (approx)of cases are found not guilty.

That's not the United States, genius. Also, there are dark skinned peoples the world over being brutalized for their color, so your moving of the goal posts would be ineffective anyways.

Which people where?

I know live in a country where little girls getting raped are the ones arrested for 'racism' if they are white and their attacker a filthy Muslim. And this isn't hyperbole or some far-right conspiracy, this is legitimately what is happening.
im gonna go with bullshit on this one, i bet you read the daily mail

im gonna go with bullshit on this one, i bet you read the daily mail

I bet you mess with kids.

DM8CQi-X0AAJs8F.jpg

28782785_979931498831685_1029357824837005261_n.jpg

Grooming victim: Police arrested me, not my abusers

One woman, 'Laura' - who was groomed between the ages of 13 and 17 - says that when she contacted police they arrested her rather than her abusers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p057mtmr

Police appeared to punish victims of Newcastle grooming gangs, review finds

https://www.theguardian.com/society...anctuary-newcastle-grooming-gangs-case-review

The report said lessons must be learned after one of the girls was wrongly taken to court for alleged racial abuse against her abuser, while her abuser was not investigated until years later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-41844276

Cunt.

so, out of the hundreds of incidents of abuse by asian men against white kids, you found a single incident where the kid was accused of racial abuse, ever considered the fact she may have shouted racial slurs in front of police?
no, you extrapolate that incident to imply widescale arrests after rape for racial abuse.
this is why no one takes you seriously.................

dickhead

so, out of the hundreds of incidents of abuse by asian men against white kids, you found a single incident where the kid was accused of racial abuse, ever considered the fact she may have shouted racial slurs in front of police?
no, you extrapolate that incident to imply widescale arrests after rape for racial abuse.
this is why no one takes you seriously................. dickhead
#notAll these rapists!
#StatisticallyInsignificant.

The original thread is about the u.k.

Doesn't just have to be the u.s.

https://www.met.police.uk/advice-and-information/hate-crime/what-is-hate-crime/

Who will be protected by these laws and who will be the ones getting arrested?

If it's anything like nyc, it will by very one sided.

Get into a bar fight with some random foreigners , mug a random person of a certain background...

You may not even be aware of the person's race and there will be a hate crime added if you get into alterations with certain groups.

Meanwhile white people who are robbed or jumped every weekend in certain areas, just for being white, nothing.

Every weekend kids from the suburbs travel into parts of the city for weed.
The local teens prey on these kids and premediate robbing and jumping them after they buy the weed.

Suburban kids are robbed and assaulted with words like get out of here white boy, your not welcome here.

And a hate crime is not even brought up.

Only white people in 2018 are attacked because the color of their skin. Too many bars, streets, clubs, and countries white people cannot go at night fall or they will be attacked for just being white.

Personally ever thought will be fun if "hate crime" get slapped on every time person of X ethnicity commit crime on person of Y ethnicity

Make that crime twice as bad

Regardless of wich colors are X and Y

That will expose a lot of bullshit in few weeks lol, you will have same peoples that supported the application of "hate" aggravating ask to remove it

Lynching of black people is still happening to this day:
Beyond confirmed cases, there are anecdotal cases/reports [much like yours] like this:
Underneath the tree, detectives reported, was a large, wheeled garbage can about three-quarters full of trash. Fresh shoeprints, which appeared to be same pattern as the Converse Chuck Taylors the man was wearing, appeared near the top edges of the trash can. The report also noted that the man had marks on his jeans and light pollen on his shirt consistent with climbing a tree.

Keep pushing against white people, they have never been known to retaliate and kill people in droves when they feel like they're treated unfairly. Has never happened, not once.

Back