What fight did you realize McGregor was a legit threat

Chad did it for me. I think chad is the only one that didn't care about the antics and went for it but just couldn't get it done. Poirier and Aldo got emotional and fought lame. I'm still sad for aldo but it was refreshing to see Conor bring the excitement as it was refreshing to see Nate check him back in place.
Still think Chad would have won with a full camp. He couldn't grt it done, at least partly, because he didn't have the gas tank for it.

People around here will tell you that he's still not a legit threat.

I like the fact that the same guys who say all his wins were flukes are the first to laugh someone out of the room if they suggest his loss to Nate was a fluke.

Still think Chad would have won with a full camp. He couldn't grt it done, at least partly, because he didn't have the gas tank for it.
Maybe, a rematch would be cool but I think frankie set him back pretty far. Two KO losses gonna be hard to come back from.

Poirier, although I was pretty sure after the Brandao fight that Conor was a special fighter.

Brimage. Just beatiful, bing bing bing, no nerves or octagon jitters, comfortable as fuck, so many connected clean shots and combos, lining it up looked easy. Not a Conor fan either, but the Brimage fight for sure.

When Rex Kwon Do started dedicating his life to him.

poirier.but i still can't call him legit without a ground game whatsoever.he will get wrestle-fucked by most.

Wait...what.

HES THE CHAMP.

Having no ground game isnt important if you starch everyone on the feet.

You think Chad destroys him with full camp and Aldo was a lucky punch.

LMAO, go home.

He is a special talent for sure, I'm not a fan of his talking but his stand up is amongst the best in mma IMO. The more you do well in MMA the more haters you seem to get.

Chad Mendes fight. Because that really showed the ease in which McGregor was throwing strikes.
It made it 50/50 against Aldo at that point,. If not an edge in standup to McGregor...

I was so sure that Brandao was going to knock him out stiff in their fight and when he starched Brandao..I was like "hmm guy is pretty legit"

But never would I have ever thought he was going to KO Poirier. The same guy who took hell from the KZ for 3 rounds.

Ivan Buchinger.

Mcgregor vs Mendes. I didn't even know who he was before 189. I just instantly knew one thing about him the first time I saw him talk; this dudes a marketing genius, hope he fights as good as he talks.
Even though McGregor put on his worst showing to date against Mendes, it enthralled me to no end watching him silence the haters online.

Mendes,

His striking was on point clearly but he wasn't totally helpless on the ground.

I realized he is very talented when he beat Poirier, because I rate Poirier highly. He is certainly not some GOAT like some make him out to be, but he has talent of course.

A legit threat ...

To what... End any and all legitimacy within Zuffa ?

When he forced Zuffa to put up the interim title for the Mendes fight. It was a complete joke. But it was a late replacement, so I didn't worry too much.

But this insistence on a rematch with Nate there can be ZERO doubt. At 170 ? Come on. I'll maintain this until proven otherwise.

He is the WORST thing to happen for the organization because he's removed pretty much all legitimacy.

You better believe he's a threat. And I saw it with the Mendes fight.

Back