What fight did you realize McGregor was a legit threat

The Brimage fight. The ease and fluidity with which he dismantled Brimage was something special.

Long before UFC 200 was coming up and STILL every 4th thread is abour Conor.

I knew he was good when he beat Brimmage. Everything after that was just holy shit.

Win or lose lets see how these champs do going up in weight. Theres talk.

I would say most of the Worldwide MMA forum knew he was a killer after the Buchinger fight.

The more haters he got, the more legit he had to be.

The Brimage fight. The ease and fluidity with which he dismantled Brimage was something special.
Brimage had beaten some seriously good guys going into that fight. Jimy Hettes and Maxi Blanco if I recall correctly. Maybe Robbie Peralta?

I followed him since he ran through 4 opponents in Cage Warriors. I even saved a screenshot of a post that does not exist anymore to prove it. Some of us believed he is destined to be a UFC champ.

1yslk7.jpg

Nate has always fought at lightweight very comfortably and not often at welterweight.

Conor's strategy was to make huge weight cuts and fight smaller guys. (Smart).
Nate is a natural middle weight who cuts to fight smaller guys....

Thought he was a legit threat after aldo, realized he wasnt after diaz

Nate has always fought at lightweight very comfortably and not often at welterweight.

Conor's strategy was to make huge weight cuts and fight smaller guys. (Smart).

Nate is at least as big a LW as Conor is FW. I would say bigger although he cuts better. He missed weight against RDA. He did not get below 160.
He does not have to make the 155 championship weight because he does not fight for the title. The last time he actually weighed 155 was against Maynard. Conor has regularly had size advantage over his opponents and would speak often about how it would not be an issue to match up against bigger men so should not use it as an excuse but any posters who think these 2 humans are approximately the same size are deluded.

Conor was in Poirier's and Aldo's head, Mendes was injured and too small. He is only a legit LW ducker.

I was so sure that Brandao was going to knock him out stiff in their fight and when he starched Brandao..I was like "hmm guy is pretty legit"

But never would I have ever thought he was going to KO Poirier. The same guy who took hell from the KZ for 3 rounds.

The Poirier fight was when I started taking him seriously.
("This guy's power is unreal!")

The Diaz fight was when I stopped.
("Yeah but he is totally one-dimensional and folds like a deckchair when hurt.")

The only threat mcgregor is

Is the threat for talking the name of "worst champ ever"

And worst dressed ever

you realize bisping is a champ as well,right?being a champ doesn't mean you are the best all rounded fighter,especially nowadays.
If you are the Champ, then you are a championship level fighter.

People around here will tell you that he's still not a legit threat.
Chad did it for me. I think chad is the only one that didn't care about the antics and went for it but just couldn't get it done. Poirier and Aldo got emotional and fought lame. I'm still sad for aldo but it was refreshing to see Conor bring the excitement as it was refreshing to see Nate check him back in place.

Honestly it was only after the also fight that I went hmm I guess he's really good (at fw).

Back