What does weigh ins do for us?

Hah, actually no! But it is an underused word these days. Using it is also a good way to age yourself. :)

I like that word for some reason. I learned it from an episode of South Park when I was like 10 years old. The kids are in a county fair or something and one of the games seems unbeatable (throwing balls cant fit through holes) and they call it "shenanigans" like 100 times. Almost never see it used so I like to bring it up where I can. Hard to describe the exact same meaning with another sole word.

Edit: googled for it and got "mischief" and "prankishness" as synonyms. Mischief is good too but prankishness seems like a word someone who doesnt know "shenanigans" or "mischief" exist would use.

Betting purposes.

Not only can you evaluate how a fighter looks, its additional advertisement.

Used to be. Now it's the early weigh ins for official and later for the crowd and mean mugging etc.
so they probably aren't even really weighing them on the stage, the fighters are probably already rehydrating right after the real weigh in.

It's always good to see the fighters face off the day before. its Exhilarating,and if you missed it,and order the ppv,they usually show the face off as their hyping the fight...and if you are emotionally invested,it gets your blood pumping.

79900662.jpg

137694684JH069-UFC-on-FOX-2.jpg

20090814052503_02carano.JPG

The defense rests.
yea... if it was 10 years ago. i looked a lot better then too but unfortunately that is now this:

and now these are our shining examples of champions:

i say we re-open this case for further investigation as to why the fuck a guy would go to the weigh-ins to see the super hot chicks in mma. <36>

I might check to see if everyone made weight, but other than that I never watch them (any more)

If it's a fight I'm really pumped for I might watch just that one, but it's rare these days

Was a time when if someone looks shocking or missed weight I might make a bet based on it

Since the fighters have already weighed in when they step onto the public scale, i do wonder what the purpose is? Do you get more pumped up for a card after watching the weigh ins?

When you watch the PPV saturday night, do you think about what happened at the weigh ins last night?

Just a curious dude asking.
It's a half hour waste of time. I just need to here that they made weight of didn't and if anything happens it will be on the net in no time.

only the ones that matter

They have gotten way less interesting since being fake, now I only watch for known feud/rivalry staredowns or anyone that has a history of fun antics

Back