What does weigh ins do for us?

13Seconds

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Since the fighters have already weighed in when they step onto the public scale, i do wonder what the purpose is? Do you get more pumped up for a card after watching the weigh ins?

When you watch the PPV saturday night, do you think about what happened at the weigh ins last night?

Just a curious dude asking.

It's a live event for the event ticket holders .
People show up to them, cheer and watch promos and staredowns.

So we can tell who is shook and make threads about it on sherdog

The only weigh ins I care is when they have Conor in it. But I always watch it because you never know, some fun shit happen in there

I watch in the hopes that shenanigans will occur during the face off. That's about it.

Since the fighters have already weighed in when they step onto the public scale, i do wonder what the purpose is? Do you get more pumped up for a card after watching the weigh ins?

When you watch the PPV saturday night, do you think about what happened at the weigh ins last night?

Dana's idea... gives him opportunity to make us think he can actually break up a fight between 2 mma pros.

We get to watch the staredown, or even better we get to watch Rogan watch the staredown

Isn't that where they get the official weight? But I never watch them.

20090814052503_02carano.JPG

The defense rests.

Isn't that where they get the official weight? But I never watch them.
Used to be. Now it's the early weigh ins for official and later for the crowd and mean mugging etc.

What does the build up to a fight in general do? Why not have the fighters say nothing at all in the media, then step inside the octagon come fight time like indifferent robots? Hell, why even do interviews afterwards?

It's all about getting involved.

I always watch the weigh ins they really get me more pumped for the fights as there is always mental warfare involved too.. Also I like to bet on the fights so if its a bit of a toss up im checking their shape too.

Did you use the word "shenanigans" because of my recent "Weigh-in shenanigans!" thread? :)

Hah, actually no! But it is an underused word these days. Using it is also a good way to age yourself. :)

Back