what do you mean I can't knee-bahhh???

Dont feel bad for us! We might lack consistency in rules but during tournaments ourbelts look fabulous. :)

I don't feel bad for you fuckers :icon_chee My newaza is may strong suit, and you guys take it away! So I'm forced to stand up for the mate and throw ya'll when you come to Judo comps. Just playing, and you know I'm taking some BJJ if I can't find a good Judo club when I get transferred next year.

:icon_neut

hahahaha

Hey! i was very selective with my words. I 'went' for a kneebar, and all i knew how to do was 'go for' kneebars. I never said i knew how to finish them....

since then, im pretty sure NAGA has banned kneebars in blue belt gi

NAGA Submission Grappling, These are the fucking rules
White Belt Adult, Masters, Directors & Executive Gi Competitors

Straight ankle locks to the outside are permitted (cannot turn the ankle lock towards the other leg). The inside leg is permitted to cross over the opponents leg. Example - 50 / 50 guard is a legal position to execute a straight ankle lock. However, if the outside leg crosses over the opponent's leg in any manner, the result will be an immediate Disqualification (even if the opponent does not "tap" due to the ankle lock.
No knee bars, toe holds, heel hooks, etc. are permitted.
No wrist locks are permitted.
No neck cranks or cervical locks are permitted.
No scissors takedowns are permitted.
No bicep or calf crunches are permitted.
No slamming from the guard or to escape submission.

Blue Belt Adult, Masters, Directors & Executive Gi Competitors

The same rules apply to Blue Belts as the White Belts with one exception: Blue Belts are permitted to apply wrist locks.

Purple, Brown & Black Belts Adult, Masters, Directors & Executive Gi Competitors

Straight ankle locks to the outside, toe holds and knee bars are permitted (No heel hooks are permitted).
Wrist locks are permitted.
Biceps and calf crunches are permitted.
No neck cranks or cervical locks are permitted.
No scissors takedowns are permitted.
No slamming from the guard or to escape submission.

For those of us that don't grapple and stumbled onto this through the 'latest threads' list, why would knee bars not be a legal technique? Is it common for techniques to be not allowed? Are there any other common disallowed techniques?
Thanks.

coz leglocks are dangerous and usually it doesn't hurts until the submission is on.

my knee is still hurts from an accidentally heel hook like 2 months ago

no excuse to crank the knee/hold the leglocks after the dbag was dq'd

Back