What do you guys think of this Test Booster?

Megadose Zinc: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16648789

Tongkat Ali:

In a placebo-controlled human study with healthy young men in a weight-training program, it was found that "the lean body mass of the treatment group showed a significant increment, from 52.26 (7.18) kg to 54.39 (7.43) kg (p = 0.012)." Furthermore, "the increase in strength in the treatment group was larger than in the placebo group (6.78% and 2.77% respectively)

My cousins been taking somekind of test booster and his lifts got better immediately. He increased his bench by 20lbs in 2 weeks but that's almost the only lift he takes seriously and traines with proper discipline. Still I'm not so sure to try test boosters yet.

I'm with the people that say natural test. boosters are a pile of horse wank. If you're a male in your 20's, 30's and even 40's it will make little to no difference to your test levels.

That video by Jason Blaha explains it pretty well. The problem with test boosters that maybe even raise test levels, is that it's not clear whether a small increase in testosterone does any difference. Intuitively, you would expect that getting a ~20% raise everyday for 8 hours would make a difference, but it really might not, not even in long term.

Tongkat Ali:

There are others about Tongkat Ali, but I don't have the time to dig it up.

According to vast anecdotal evidence and some clinical studies, Tongkat Ali works and for that reason it is expensive, so it isn't found in most supplements and boosters.

3mg/kg/day...good lord that's a lot of zinc. The UL is something like 50mg/day.

Tongkat Ali:

There are others about Tongkat Ali, but I don't have the time to dig it up.

According to vast anecdotal evidence and some clinical studies, Tongkat Ali works and for that reason it is expensive, so it isn't found in most supplements and boosters.

megadose zinc? lol bad idea. you'll just fuck yourself over by hindering copper absorption.

3mg/kg/day...good lord that's a lot of zinc. The UL is something like 50mg/day.
A 70kg athlete consuming 3mg/kg of zinc sulfate would be ingesting less than 50mg of elemental zinc which can be done safely short term.

Last edited:
I'm disagreeing.

I don't know how or why, but Epi Xtreme had an effect on me for sure. Leaned me out a bit, got me bigger, increased vascularity. Certainly got stronger... in an unreasonable amount of time, too.

Would take again one day.

Probably won't, but not because it didn't work.

(Hopefully epi xtreme is a test booster? lol)

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Labs-Nutrition-Xtreme-Capsules/dp/B004ECI6UQ

Contains: Magnesium Stearate, Trimethylxanthine, Cellulose, Gelatin

Magnesium Stearate is used to keep pills from sticking together, cellulose and gelatin make up the capsule and Trimethylxanthine is caffeine.

Apparently it's supposed to be a prohormone but I can't find any ingredient lists that list anything other than caffeine.

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Labs-Nutrition-Xtreme-Capsules/dp/B004ECI6UQ

Contains: Magnesium Stearate, Trimethylxanthine, Cellulose, Gelatin

Magnesium Stearate is used to keep pills from sticking together, cellulose and gelatin make up the capsule and Trimethylxanthine is caffeine.

Apparently it's supposed to be a prohormone but I can't find any ingredient lists that list anything other than caffeine.
I've read before that caffeine can have a positive effect on testosterone. I can't cite any studies though.

My test levels should be through the roof then lol
I assume it can also have a detrimental effect from a increase in cortisol. Dosage and frequency would be something a person would have to monitor if their goal was to increase testosterone.

fucker deleted his slightly necro comments now. You left me hanging bro! WTF?

Rawdog sad.

This guy Mike Mahler has his own podcast and seems very knowledgeable when it comes to strength.He also his own test booster, do you think it's possible it actually works?

Here is a link to the supplement

http://www.mikemahler.com/store/nutrition-supplements/testosterone-booster.html
Mike Mahler has been around since the early days of kettlebells. He was one of the first to push heavy double kettlebell training and he was also a vegan back then(not sure if he still is). I used his double kettlebell dvds after originally getting exposed to RKC stuff.

He has been selling test boosters since back then. Look at the ingredients list. It's just natural supplements like stinging nettle etc.

The only supplements I have ever found worth using are creatine, protein and electrolytes. Not drinking and good sleep have done more for me than any test boosting supplements ( F you Tongkat Ali)

Eat a decent amount of broccoli every single day (or cruciferous veggies). Do it for like 90 days and report back on how you feel and what you notice.

Eat a decent amount of broccoli every single day (or cruciferous veggies). Do it for like 90 days and report back on how you feel and what you notice.

If I google foods that increase testosterone, I basically can find something that says everything does with a similar amount of validity to the above.

Just eat like an adult. No food is magical or better than the others in terms of testosterone.

If I google foods that increase testosterone, I basically can find something that says everything does with a similar amount of validity to the above.

Just eat like an adult. No food is magical or better than the others in terms of testosterone.
Look up studies on cruciferous vegetables reducing estrogen…. to the point where some women are told to stay away from them. In a sea of “things that boost testosterone” the increase of these specific foods yield results. I personally had results with this. When I’m eating a head or more a day over a period of time I feel like I’m 15-16 again (with those types of side effects) and definitely can tell.

I think the only three things I would attest to helping me out of all the bullshit stuff I’ve done since I was a teenager is creatine, multi vitamin (if I’m feeling off or like somethings missing they seem to fix the issue) and cruciferous veggies. Outside of course water intake, proper dieting, protein intake and sleep quality.

Those 3 things I 100% notice. I have a home gym, I’ve been working out for 25 plus years, I’ve tried endless things and went through many fads. I agree that a balanced diet is key but this is one food I would get plenty of.

Look up studies on cruciferous vegetables reducing estrogen…. to the point where some women are told to stay away from them. In a sea of “things that boost testosterone” the increase of these specific foods yield results. I personally had results with this. When I’m eating a head or more a day over a period of time I feel like I’m 15-16 again (with those types of side effects) and definitely can tell.

I think the only three things I would attest to helping me out of all the bullshit stuff I’ve done since I was a teenager is creatine, multi vitamin (if I’m feeling off or like somethings missing they seem to fix the issue) and cruciferous veggies. Outside of course water intake, proper dieting, protein intake and sleep quality.

Those 3 things I 100% notice. I have a home gym, I’ve been working out for 25 plus years, I’ve tried endless things and went through many fads. I agree that a balanced diet is key but this is one food I would get plenty of.
Do you think it's something as simple as eating a head of broccoli means you are eating like an adult and not eating other crap with your meals?

I don't think eating broccoli would be any different for you than eating a salad or any other vegetable.

We have an entire subset of studies saying brocolli is a high risk allergen (FODMAP). It causes severe gas and bloating in a reasonably high amount of the population.

I would point more to the fact that you are eating a higher volume of varied nutrients from adding about 3 serves of vegetables and that you don't normally consume that many vegetables without the addition of that vegetable you choose to eat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back