What do you do when you have free time that's productive?

I've had the same problem @CauseImbetta

Normally I go to the gym and then relax a bit after. Then I work out on my breaks at work, take it easy at night. But I felt like a good amount of time was just watching TV or playing video games.

I've picked up reading books, playing chess with the woman, but nothing is as fun as muay thai. Can't do that 4 hours a day 7 days a week though.

I've had the same problem @CauseImbetta

Normally I go to the gym and then relax a bit after. Then I work out on my breaks at work, take it easy at night. But I felt like a good amount of time was just watching TV or playing video games.

I've picked up reading books, playing chess with the woman, but nothing is as fun as muay thai. Can't do that 4 hours a day 7 days a week though.

Yeah, I hear ya. What book are you reading recently that you can recommend? I recommend Sapiens, a brief history of humankind. Best book I read in a while. Humans are the dumbest animals.

I've ordered Walden by Henry David Thoreau, the book The Godfather ( like the movie ), the Maltese Falcon, Verbal Judo, Lives by Plutarch, a few more. A mash of books I heard were good and books I think would be interesting.

Go on long hikes/walks with my dog while listening to science related podcasts. Usually something astronomy related

I've ordered Walden by Henry David Thoreau, the book The Godfather ( like the movie ), the Maltese Falcon, Verbal Judo, Lives by Plutarch, a few more. A mash of books I heard were good and books I think would be interesting.

I have verbal Judo. Great book! Cops use it for de-escalation tactics. Can work in every day life.

You sure it's not smoking up before typing stuff?

I am not sure I understand you buddy.

I understand your fascination with death, I am a recovering satanist. But as far as your down time goes, clarification is required.
tumblr_o01ylgfDo81udx308o1_500.gif

okay

These days it’s playing my bass guitar.

No aspirations of playing in a band anymore, just playing for the sheer enjoyment of the instrument.

These days it’s playing my bass guitar.

No aspirations of playing in a band anymore, just playing for the sheer enjoyment of the instrument.

Your neighbors must love you.

Just kidding. Bass is cool! Do you play alone or do you play with others. It's more of a background/support instrument no?

Your neighbors must love you.

Just kidding. Bass is cool! Do you play alone or do you play with others. It's more of a background/support instrument no?
Haha. I use a headphone amp. With a two year old and 4 month old twins I can’t use a regular amp late at night.

Used to play in a band with others now I just play on my own.

Yeah it’s traditionally been a “background” instrument as it is part of the rhythm section but some guys take it up a notch and make it more of a lead instrument.

Shit post to increase my post count.

Literature, writing shitty poetry, writing shitty scripts, writing shitty short stories, writing shitty book ideas. The usual.

Jerk off, get hammered, post on Sherdog

Net research..documentaries...movies...cooking....laying around with the wife....sherdog....a few games....a little reading..

I binge podcasts during my commuting hours (yes hours).

Right now I'm halfway through the History of Rome podcast by Mike Duncan. Besides that one, I also like JRE, Radiolab, Scriptnotes, Lexicon Valley, Bill Simmons...

I also write, but that time is very structured. The only way to get it in.

Back