What did Frank Shamrock do that Ken Shamrock didn't?

Frank > Ken in pretty much every way.

In the UFC alone.

Ken has two draws... 7-6-2 record

Frank, 5-0
UFC prime ken left when frank started
Ken spanks him any where and frank knew it don't forget ken trained him

I think people forget Ken was in the WWF for only 3 years. I don’t think he did as much damage to his body as people are saying.
He took a serious injury in 1999 by Curtis Hughes
That fucked ken up for life

was frank a better fighter? I never seen him fight, use to watch ken fight way back in the day... all i know about frank is that he had braces as an adult

Different versions of Tito. Frank was at his apex, when they fought. Ken was on the downside of his career

Different versions of Tito. Frank was at his apex, when they fought. Ken was on the downside of his career
Tito wanted no part of prime ken as we saw UFC 19 and ducked him 2004 at hw
And he said in interview ken is a big boy I dont know if I want to tangle with him "

Frank was a cardio machine and better technique overall. Also way more mobile.
I agree!

Any lettuce not forget Frank left the Lions Den to train with MO smith and TK to for the alliance and become even more well rounded.

The early version of Frank was similar to Ken but not the later when he went away from wrestling and grappling only.

Franks Agility was top notch and his cardio! His win over Tito was a Chess match all the way to the end!

UFC prime ken left when frank started
Ken spanks him any where and frank knew it don't forget ken trained him

And how many of Ken's fights were "works"?

Frank was one of the first MMA fighters to effectively cross train. If time and numerous injuries hadn't broken his body, he could have continued to be a dominant athlete.

Don't be fooled by Ken's Pancrase record, many of those fights were suspect to say the least. Not to mention a very abbreviated rule set. Mo and Bas were his only significant wins and they were all under Pancrase rules.

Ken was a more a body builder than a mixed martial artist. Anyone that thinks he was superior at any point in his career to Frank literally knows nothing about MMA.

I agree!

Any lettuce not forget Frank left the Lions Den to train with MO smith and TK to for the alliance and become even more well rounded.

The early version of Frank was similar to Ken but not the later when he went away from wrestling and grappling only.

Franks Agility was top notch and his cardio! His win over Tito was a Chess match all the way to the end!
Agree he learnt a lot from tk and smith
Frank played mma version of rope a dope on Tito

Frank was one of the first MMA fighters to effectively cross train. If time and numerous injuries hadn't broken his body, he could have continued to be a dominant athlete.

Don't be fooled by Ken's Pancrase record, many of those fights were suspect to say the least. Not to mention a very abbreviated rule set. Mo and Bas were his only significant wins and they were all under Pancrase rules.

Ken was a more a body builder than a mixed martial artist. Anyone that thinks he was superior at any point in his career to Frank literally knows nothing about MMA.
lol Ken is the greatest American catch wrestler of all time and I bet josh Barnett agrees
Lol @ bodybuilder
I'd say 2 fights in pancrase were works 2 nd suzuki fight and Hume fight

Frank got braces and had a "good" job after fighting doing commentator stuff.

lol Ken is the greatest American catch wrestler of all time and I bet josh Barnett agrees
Lol @ bodybuilder
I'd say 2 fights in pancrase were works 2 nd suzuki fight and Hume fight

Greatest catch wrestler of all time? Kidding right?

There are plenty of guys that qualify as catch wrestlers that were vastly superior to Ken. Hell even Askren's style qualifies as catch wrestling and he would own Shamrock despite the size difference.

Guys like Nakamura and Chsiev were light years ahead of anything Shamrock was capable of.

Shamrock qualified for college state nationals in wrestling but never competed due to an injury. His wrestling pedigree is average at best.

Christ...

Frank was a freak athlete. Amazingly coordinated, mobile, well rounded, conditioned...

Big Cejudo.

Ken was way out of his fighting and physical prime when he fought Tito, had a host of physical problems, marriage problems, etc. Frank also fought a young Tito. Frank had his own issues when he came back to MMA with Strikeforce like Ken did after his leave of absence and time in the WWF.

"Mo and Bas were his only significant wins and they were all under Pancrase rules.
Ken was a more a body builder than a mixed martial artist."

What...are...you....talkin´....about.....

cruz.gif

Back